Bx2200 questions and possible head gasket blown.

Yellow1000

Apr 2, 2012
Missouri
Hi everyone , new here and I have some questions. I bought a bx2200 that runs on two cylinders. I was told it was overheated so I'm assuming it's a head gasket. I got a good price on it so I want to fix it. Is it as easy as I think to replace? And what should I look for? And my next question is when it comes to reassembly. . It's not going to be stock lol so what all can be done for a little more power. I know diesels but not this one in particular. Thanks everyone.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yeah getting the head off is pretty much as easy as it looks. I had the one on my L175 off inside 2 hours. However blown head gaskets on overheating is more common on iron block/aluminum head engines. Go in expecting other damage. I bought it and found out when digging it that it had heated (though he never mentioned it....). I found the exhaust valves guides had become loose enough to remove from the head by hand. The gasket had blown out on the cam gear cover and the liner on cylinder 1 had grabbed and been pulled a 1/4 inch deeper into the block.

Yellow1000

Apr 2, 2012
Missouri
Yeah getting the head off is pretty much as easy as it looks. I had the one on my L175 off inside 2 hours. However blown head gaskets on overheating is more common on iron block/aluminum head engines. Go in expecting other damage. I bought it and found out when digging it that it had heated (though he never mentioned it....). I found the exhaust valves guides had become loose enough to remove from the head by hand. The gasket had blown out on the cam gear cover and the liner on cylinder 1 had grabbed and been pulled a 1/4 inch deeper into the block.
i was told to expect more damage by my dealer to. bringing it home tonight so i will let you guys know what i find once i get it started and check blow by and a few other things.

Yellow1000

Apr 2, 2012
Missouri
A quick update here- found a hole in the side of the block today so out the motor came. I bought a new d905 block for it. Should be here this week. Not sure what else I will need. Anyone know how to work on the pump I this motor? Looking into goin back in with a turbo on it so I was curious about more fuel .