M7060 - opinions?

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
I am thinking about buying a M7060 with the 12 speed transmission, cab, and front loader. What is your opinion of this tractor - good, bad, and the ugly?

Thanks,

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Very nice machine, what will you be using it for? I ask so that we may recommend factory options such as getting 3 rear remotes and not relying on the 1 std one or getting a 3rd function system for your loader if you may need a grapple. Other cab options?? What type tires, R1 or R4.

Lot's of things to consider for different types of uses. ;)

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
It will be used for general farm work - round baler, loading bales, rotary mower, etc. I have a 150 hp John Deere that I use for field cultivation.

As for tires... the ones that come with it are okay. I forgot to mention that the M7060 I'm looking at is the 4WD model with the 24 gear transmission.

Hydraulics: The one at the dealership had two remotes on the back and two on the side. I don't know what it would cost to add another on the side but the two on the back is sufficient.

Cab options? I didn't know there were any - it's their grand cab.

What do you think the cost should be? I live in eastern Utah and mainly raise have for a cow/calf operation.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
My ideal M7060 would have the air ride seat, rear and side defrosters with rear wiper. Get an aftermarket radio, Kubotas are too expensive, my dealer recommends this.

Three rear remotes with a minimum of one float, third function, cast rear wheel centers with loaded tires, minimum 12/12 hydraulic shuttle, bigger than OEM Ag tires.

If you do a lot of pallet fork work, consider the on/off self leveling loader.

I am sure I am missing something and as MtnViewRanch mentioned, this will vary by use.

I highly recommend a hydraulic top-link, got mine from http://fitritehydraulics.com/ and would consider full TnT; don't have it on our M8540, but do on another.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
In TN I looked at a 6060 the other day with loader and cab and dealer said it was right around 40k. I didn't look at it that close as I was in a hurry so I'm not sure the options it had BUT I am going back[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
The specs on this tractor says that it has a cat I/II hitch. Does that mean it can be ordered with either or does it mean the hitch is constructed such that it can be used as either a cat I hitch or a cat II hitch?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The specs on this tractor says that it has a cat I/II hitch. Does that mean it can be ordered with either or does it mean the hitch is constructed such that it can be used as either a cat I hitch or a cat II hitch?
It can be adjusted down to a cat 1 size with the cat 2 parts that it has.