B6200 Hydraulic Pump Rebuild Question!

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a potentially "stupid" question :rolleyes:. I recently re-built the hydraulic pump on my B6200 (all new O-Rings etc) and when i put it all back together I could turn it by hand but it was very stiff, hard to turn but there was no grinding noise etc so I didn't worry about it at the time. I put it all back together and it is working all right but then I started wondering if the two spindles / pumps were properly seated because it would not spin freely and was it going to cause some damage.

A little more background is that when I removed the pump the slot on the engine that the drive gear from the pump fits into was a little worn ... I really don't want to make that worse by the pump not spinning freely. So, very long winded way of asking ... should the hydraulic pump spin freely by hand or was the stiffness normal after the re-build :)

All and any comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Dave

stanleyp

Equipment
L345
Mar 27, 2010
mckinney, tx
I will be rebuilding my pump this week, but when I took my hydraulic pump off, it was a little stiff turning the shaft by hand. I can turn it, but it is stiff. I would think it should be if you have a good seal. I will let you know if mine is still stiff after my rebuild.

Was it loose before you rebuilt the pump?

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Hi Stanley,

Thanks for the reply ... unfortunately in my haste to get the job done I never checked it before the rebuild (my issue was with leaks and not how it was functioning). However, I believe you are right that with a good seal it should be tight ... I am interested to see what yours ends up like.

Thanks!
Dave