Diesel Cold Weather Additive

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
What's the best Diesel anti gel/ additive to put in my BX1880? I live in upstate NY and I want to make sure there isn't any issues when it really starts getting cold

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Power Service (white bottle) works well in this climate. I use it all year in my B7500. I add a little extra to the tank in the winter just to keep the fuel filter from gelling when blowing snow.

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
Power Service (white bottle) works well in this climate. I use it all year in my B7500. I add a little extra to the tank in the winter just to keep the fuel filter from gelling when blowing snow.

Thanks. That's what I used in my Powerstroke and it worked good. Any idea the ratio to 5 gal of fuel?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Also filling the tractor with winter blend fuel will reduce the chances of it helping without using additives. If all else fails pack up and move south lol, don’t have to worry about it here :D

Reactions: 1 user

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
Also filling the tractor with winter blend fuel will reduce the chances of it helping without using additives. If all else fails pack up and move south lol, don’t have to worry about it here :D

lol I wish, I would be south of the Mason/Dixon right now, hate the cold n Snow.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I was born and raised in central Illinois, took a job in Wisconsin,spent two years there and said the hell with this, easier to do when your young, worst part though is being so far away from family, especially since my parents don’t get to see their grandkids growing up as much as they would like. But I also had to get the hell out of Illinois, economy sucks, government sucks, in my line of work my family is much better off down here.

Reactions: 1 user

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
I was born and raised in central Illinois, took a job in Wisconsin,spent two years there and said the hell with this, easier to do when your young, worst part though is being so far away from family, especially since my parents don’t get to see their grandkids growing up as much as they would like. But I also had to get the hell out of Illinois, economy sucks, government sucks, in my line of work my family is much better off down here.

There is no state worse than NY right now. It has Illinois beat by a mile.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
And don’t forget about the food! Speaking of that crawfish season is just around the corner;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Winter blend don't exist here. All number 2 laced with Power Service at the correct ratio. Never get over zealous with Power Service. It has little to no lubrication qualitites.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
There is no state worse than NY right now. It has Illinois beat by a mile.

That is gospel. I live a couple hundred miles from NYS and I can still smell the stink.

Illinois smells a bit too.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Hey flipper,

The nys comment demonstrates your ignorance. This state is far from perfect but as far as pollution in the news, Michigan seems to pump significant volume of lead in their public water. High taxes, yes, pungent odors, NO

And despite your "condition" which appears in most posts, Power Service specifically lists "slick diesel additive" as a lubricating ingredient.

And winter grade diesel is available in all cold weather climates. I will gladly contact your school district, as their buses are assuredly purchasing winter conditioned fuel, to provide you w/ confirmation.

And before you claim to be picked -on, it is not about you, it is about nonsense inaccurate posts, and yes you certainly hold the record # of entries for a NEW member, authoritative knowledge of every topic under the sky notwithstanding

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
Hey flipper,

The nys comment demonstrates your ignorance. This state is far from perfect but as far as pollution in the news, Michigan seems to pump significant volume of lead in their public water. High taxes, yes, pungent odors, NO

And despite your "condition" which appears in most posts, Power Service specifically lists "slick diesel additive" as a lubricating ingredient.

And winter grade diesel is available in all cold weather climates. I will gladly contact your school district, as their buses are assuredly purchasing winter conditioned fuel, to provide you w/ confirmation.

And before you claim to be picked -on, it is not about you, it is about nonsense inaccurate posts, and yes you certainly hold the record # of entries for a NEW member, authoritative knowledge of every topic under the sky notwithstanding

Listen crackerjack

I really could care less about your opinion, just keep it moving and share your limited knowledge with who deserves it. Don't go away mad just go away

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Paluch,

All entitled to their opinion, simply purchase the site, then have it your way.

As for additives, Howes has a long-standing presence in the marketplace.

More reasonably priced than power service, available through Wal-Mart.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hey flipper,

I'm here to tell you it's NOT available at any diesel dispensing station in this immediate area, never has been. I get my fuel delivered and my jobber treats it for me (with distillate) but I still add Power Service. You do know what distillate is don't you.

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
I'm here to tell you it's NOT available at any diesel dispensing station in this immediate area, never has been. I get my fuel delivered and my jobber treats it for me (with distillate) but I still add Power Service. You do know what distillate is don't you.

Lol.

Last edited:

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Thanks. That's what I used in my Powerstroke and it worked good. Any idea the ratio to 5 gal of fuel?

I normally use about 1 cup for 5 gallons. In the winter I use about 1-1/2 cups for 5 gallons.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Gee Powerservice white bottle and red bottle (PS911) is also at Walmart. Geyt mine at Menards however. Cheaper there.

I had gelled fuel one time, that was enough. Kubby's don't run well on coagulated diesel.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Far as my 'condition' is concerned, I'd love to give it to you. Then you would appreciate what I'm going through. My condition' has to outcomes, death or life. Nothing in between.

Maybe you'd like to be faced with what I'm dealing with crckerjack.

I'm not a pitty pot, feel sorry for myself person. On the contrary. While I may not be able to do everything as fast as I did prior to my 'condition' I still do everything I did before my 'condition' was discovered and treatment began

I find your comments immature and condescending.

I'm done.