1995 Kubota b7100 smoking and spewing out injector? from heavy pto load

shep24

Equipment
1995 Kubota B7100 HST
Dec 11, 2018
Heath, Ohio
I have a 95 b7100 and I was bush hogging thick grass and it started to bog the mower down so I did one last swipe and was going to get the bigger tractor and before I got to the edge of the field it bogged down and stalled the tractor and started smoking, I lifted the hood and i couldn’t tell where it was coming from or what it even was. It looked to be coolant but shouldn’t it be diesel fuel if it’s spewing from the injector? I haven’t tried starting or anything I just towed it to my garage. Any help I can get is much appreciated! I have no idea where to even look or if a heavy pro load would even blow the injector? Thank you

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sounds like maybe the upper radiator hose is leaking and spraying back on the engine. Might try to clean the top of the engine the best you can. Check your oil level, fuel level and radiator level. Anything low, top it off. Then try starting the engine to see if you can see where the problem is. Leave the hood up when starting so you can see quickly what the problem is.

You probably plugged up the radiator and it over heated. Need to get the "stuff" out of the front of your radiator by spraying with a cleaner like purple power. Let it soak for 5 minutes and flush off with water, being careful not to bend the fins.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have to blow out the radiators, inter coolers and AC units on both my M's regularly when running hay. I can tell without raising the hood when it's time for a blow out by watching the temperature gauge. In fact, I carry a portable compressor in the farm truck do handle that in the field.

Kind of wish Kubota (like JD) offered a reverse flow radiator fan that blew frontward rather than backward. There are refit kits availble but they are expensive.

Sounds to me like you clogged the radiator with chaff and got it a bit warm.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It sound like you overheated it and cracked the head. :eek:

Pull the injector and crank it, if antifreeze comes flying out you're in for a top end rebuild.

maverill

Equipment
1995 B7100 HST 1008 HRS
Nov 28, 2016
Farwell, MI
I have a 95 b7100 and I was bush hogging thick grass and it started to bog the mower down so I did one last swipe and was going to get the bigger tractor and before I got to the edge of the field it bogged down and stalled the tractor and started smoking, I lifted the hood and i couldn’t tell where it was coming from or what it even was. It looked to be coolant but shouldn’t it be diesel fuel if it’s spewing from the injector? I haven’t tried starting or anything I just towed it to my garage. Any help I can get is much appreciated! I have no idea where to even look or if a heavy pro load would even blow the injector? Thank you
Mine did the same thing make sure your fan belt it tight enough and in good shape. A loose or bad fan belt will make them over heat. Changed my belt and all seems well. Some BLM low by but it has 1800 hrs on it.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Mine did the same thing make sure your fan belt it tight enough and in good shape. A loose or bad fan belt will make them over heat. Changed my belt and all seems well. Some BLM low by but it has 1800 hrs on it.
Hopefully after nearly 2 years they have resolved the issue and the advice is no longer needed.

It would be nice it users reported their solution before abandoning their post.