Freezerburn’s B6100D and repairs before it goes out to the Bush

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
Hello, a lurker up here in Alaska but after an 840 mile round trip I have my tractor. In case anyone needs to put a b6100d in a Ford Ranger just take a look, lol. Wheels pinned all the way in measurement is 41", between truck's inner fenders 40 15/16" perfect fit. Nice and snug. I got a nice Kubota tiller along with it. My tires are bad, reg is cooked, has a new battery, beat up looking lil tractor but not abused so far as I can tell. Runs like an absolute champion. Take a peek-

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
What is going on with all the numbers after I post..? I'll go back and read the directions I guess eek!

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The numbers are a glitch in the matrix... it's really not you! ;)

My guess is your posting from tapatalk and or using an Ipad or Iphone?
All three cause issues with post syntax and pictures.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Honestly....I would have Never thought a B6100 could go in the back of a ford ranger:eek::)

Talk about a shoe horn fit!....not to mention the weight!

Lets us know when you get that up a "running" with new parts.;)

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
Thank you both for the replies. Yeah I'm using an iphone, lol. And yes the Ranger was getting it's butt kicked pretty good but was very duable.. all 400+miles home too! Don't forget the 380# tiller too!
Anyone know how to lube the driveshafts on this tractor??? My WSM is in the mail but I'm getting things done.. For now I have the pdf owners manual:)
The top link and lift rod (right) 'threads were froze stiff as boards but I got them loose and good today. Plenty of heat came off my oxygas rig.
My battery were drained overnight and I discovered the reg/rectifier were cooked to the mounting pad under the dash.. copper, scorching and the whole nine yards. I was only looking for reasons why the batt died but sheesh! Got a cheezy gear puller for the steering wheel for a better look-see at the rest of things under the dash after removal.
The three point feels like it crunches if you feather the control up or down but it works well. The trans oil is clean but it may not be UDT as the color and smell doesn't match the little bit of UDT I got from the dealer for a comparison. I used a straw and did a side by side dribble inspection.. I'm going with new UDT. I drain the trans oil from the bottom of the case but how do I get the rest of the fluid out from the hard lines and the pump up front, etc? I really want to get it all cleaned out thoroughly and renewed fresh.
As indicated in the thread title- this little tractor is going to the bush as soon as I get it up to proper standards. Right now it's in a warm garage and not out in the freeze. A buddy let me use car space in his garage to learn the tractor where conditions are more optimal rather than out in two feet of snow and howling cold. Mighty nice of him!
I suspect y'all like repair/maintenance/mod pics as much as I do and I'll contribute in that department in the next few days when things are going back on. Plenty to do though.. Any answers to the above inquireys or any positive or helpful contributions are much appreciated. Be cool, freezerburn

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You won’t ever get all the fluid out of the system at one time,if you really want it out of the hard lines and the pump you could take them off,blow the lines out and take the pump apart and clean it,pump would have minimal fluid in it anyways. Just like changing oil in your truck,you don’t ever get it all out. Just drain and fill it and go with it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You don't lube the drive shafts, they are sealed joints. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You don't lube the drive shafts, they are sealed joints. ;)

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
Ok thanks, it's pretty clean anyway but it may be gear lube.. maybe I'll drain, fill, drain, fill to be sure. Thanks for the heads up. fb

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
Are they sealed inside with an oil bath I wonder? It's a lot easier to ask you guys than not since my book isn't here yet:D
Man that top link and the adjustable right hand side one were totally stuck and bent up but now they are easily tightened by hand and painted with some nice Husqvarna (eek!) orange implement paint. Steering wheel popped off pretty as you please- you could say my puller is still in unused condition, lol. Gotta love that. 'freeze

freezerburn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100DP
Nov 30, 2018
Alaska
Anyone have any readily obtainable solutions to replacing a missing locker A or B (identical) that go on the interlock rod? Controls lower and upper limits for the three point. I'm missing one and don't need the whole kit and kabootal.. -fb