Stupidity

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Never mind politics, politicians, or elections. Find the lunatics who invented these things
and remove them from society. Lifetime incarceration for terminal stupidity is not sufficient;

Give them to the Tribe's women for torture. You may add gas or diesel can spouts to this
picture if you like.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I understand the 'safety' can spouts that cause a flood of fuel everywhere except in the filler hole....

Great design. Anytime the government gets involved, it's all downhill.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm not getting it....but my Chevy Pickup has push-button 4WD, a LOCKING rear differential and …."Stabilitrack"...WTF..?.?.?

That's stupidity in my book...if you've ever tried to get in my driveway with 12" of snow, you know why Stabiltrack is not a good thing......:confused:

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Never mind politics, politicians, or elections. Find the lunatics who invented these things
and remove them from society. Lifetime incarceration for terminal stupidity is not sufficient;

Give them to the Tribe's women for torture. You may add gas or diesel can spouts to this
picture if you like.
That looks like a F150 auto start/stop disable button.... Man, how absolutely stupid.

I had a 17 F150 (It got Lemon Lawed) and I absolutely HATED that feature. Get in truck, start it, and turn that dumb thing off, every time. The worst part was that you had to do it every time you started the truck.

They swapped the F150 out for a F250 for no cost :D:D The only thing I miss is the MPGs

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Reminds me of my Ford Focus with it's locking differential. That car can get stuck on a rain soaked driveway. Not a car for wet or snowy roads.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I hate the fact that they put PICTURES on every control, button, and knob nowadays. The pictures mean nothing to me. Put an English word or abbreviation on it, MUCH easier to make heads or tails of-at least for those of us who speak English. I suspect it "streamlines" manufacturing so that the rest of the world can use the same buttons, controls, and knobs therefore saving them a few pennies. Dunno. Those pictures cause me (a technician) more headache than I care to talk about-especially with the tractor owners, who are (in my case) typically older folks who know nothing about what the pictures are. Between the service manuals' vagueness, misinformation, confusion and those picture things, I've seen a few DPF's get plugged...and the thousands of phone calls...I hate the dang pictures!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I hate the fact that they put PICTURES on every control, button, and knob nowadays. The pictures mean nothing to me. Put an English word or abbreviation on it, MUCH easier to make heads or tails of-at least for those of us who speak English. I suspect it "streamlines" manufacturing so that the rest of the world can use the same buttons, controls, and knobs therefore saving them a few pennies. Dunno. Those pictures cause me (a technician) more headache than I care to talk about-especially with the tractor owners, who are (in my case) typically older folks who know nothing about what the pictures are. Between the service manuals' vagueness, misinformation, confusion and those picture things, I've seen a few DPF's get plugged...and the thousands of phone calls...I hate the dang pictures!
I know what you mean. I hate more that we as technicians have to teach the customer what they mean and do, should be the job of the sales person that sold it to show the customer how to use what they bought.

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Yep. A Ford F-150 Auto Start-Stop button, a currently mandated DPF regen system
button, and the plastic keeper from a brace of soda bottles.

Stupidity comes in all industries I guess.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I know what you mean. I hate more that we as technicians have to teach the customer what they mean and do, should be the job of the sales person that sold it to show the customer how to use what they bought.

Well that is the reason I wrote up the hints for new users a couple years ago. When I got my l3560, I got no training or introduction, and after I got the manual had to ask what the heck is this regen stuff? The answer I got was well, you keep it in a wooden barn full of hay, run it in inhibit mode all the time. I don't think most sales guys at that time knew how it worked, and also the techs. It seems to be getting better.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
On motorized equipment I like to read the operators instruction literature so I know both the function of the buttons, and which buttons do what.

In other words, RTFM!

On a six pack of soda, Well, soda is just dumb from the get go.

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
The plastic keeper on the 8-pack of soda is a major hazard to wildlife. I always
cut them up so critters don't get stuck in them. Found a pup with one about his head one
time, and it was really a heartbreaker.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Well that is the reason I wrote up the hints for new users a couple years ago. When I got my l3560, I got no training or introduction, and after I got the manual had to ask what the heck is this regen stuff? The answer I got was well, you keep it in a wooden barn full of hay, run it in inhibit mode all the time. I don't think most sales guys at that time knew how it worked, and also the techs. It seems to be getting better.
My favorite customer/sales person fail was back in 2005 when ford brought back the ford gt. I lived in Wisconsin at the time. Couple comes in in a rags to riches story, they started their business and were very successful in a short bit of time. Well they had money to burn and had to have the ford gt. They go through all the hoops to get their car ordered and all that (btw it ain’t easy to get a gt unless your jay leno). They come to get the car and neither one of them can drive a manual transmission. Guess their salesman didn’t mention that the only to get the car is with a manual. Well after all that and the salesman couldn’t drive the car either, I had to try to teach the guy how to drive a $200k car. Glad I got far away from there before that thing needed a clutch!

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
AMEN!
We will probably be the last generation to actually read and write the English language. The new norm will be Pictographs, BFFs, LOLs, and WTFs.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I hope someone makes another post soon. Don’t really like seeing the thread title Stupidity with my name listed under it! :D

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Buttons with words:

A couple of years ago I rode in a Prius. There was a button in the dash center area that said CAR. Doesn't make any more sense than some squiggle.

Bruce

Chucktin

Oct 22, 2018
East Central Florida
Jeez, how I miss OFF and ON! Those silly icons must have been invented on Mars. Universal my patootie.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Simple answer for that... People today don' take the time (or cannot) read or as it's said, a picture is worth a thousand words....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
On motorized equipment I like to read the operators instruction literature so I know both the function of the buttons, and which buttons do what.

In other words, RTFM!

On a six pack of soda, Well, soda is just dumb from the get go.
You are in the minority with that. Living in a 'plug and play' society, owners manuals, shop manuals and informative literature are optional.

If it don't work right, get on the net and whine about it. Someone will chime in and help you out.

How it works today.