Quick Hitch Frame

tinygiant

Equipment
M7060HD
May 12, 2018
GA
Hello all,

I'm going to have a custom mounting system created for one of my 3PH attachments and want it to be quick hitch compatible. I've seen several A-frame type quick hitches on the net for around $200. Anyone have any experience with these as a base for a custom mount and, if so, any recommendations on a particular brand?

Thanks! Ed.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
If you are looking for the implement side, I suspect you could find a 3 point trailer mover for less than $200, then weld it to your implement.

Bruce

Attachments

tinygiant

Equipment
M7060HD
May 12, 2018
GA
If you are looking for the implement side, I suspect you could find a 3 point trailer mover for less than $200, then weld it to your implement.

Bruce
I've got one of those, they work great. In this case, though, I need it to be quick hitch compatible. I haven't seen a trailer mover that is, probably for good reason. If the is one, though, that might work really well.

tinygiant

Equipment
M7060HD
May 12, 2018
GA
I got the Landpride quick hitch. Cost $230 and works great.
ZTMAN, I think I didn't get my intent across clearly. I'm looking for an implement-side quick hitch frame to build an implement around. I already have the tractor side. Right now, I'm seeing bare a-frames that might be usable, but not much else. Thinking that might be the standard.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
I have seen people use longer Cat 1 pins to make tillers and things QH compatible. It's not ideal and I've seen those same longer pins break due to stress, but a replacement is only $5 or so and they keep 4 or 5 in the toolbox just in case. Seems to work for them.

Just an idea.

Ironman2

Equipment
L185 or L1501, tiller, brush mower
Aug 28, 2018
Warburg, AB, Canada
I built one like that, but I made it with a ball mount on one side and a sleeve hitch on the other side. This lets me use other implements not made for 3 pt hitch, such as a second tiller, a potato hiller, cultivator, etc.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
Here***8217;s a QH compatible for Cat 1. I have one from Titan and it works well with my Agri Fab/Speeco QH.

https://www.palletforks.com/three-p...y-category-1-3-point-2-receiver-hitch-v2.html
Sorry OP, thought you were looking for a Quick Hitch. I did get one of these receiver hitches the other day from Titan. Mine was either $74 or $79 dollars. The link Mainah posted is nice as well but a little more expensive.

If you do get one from Titan, they don't come with the top link busing, so pick one of those up if you don't have an extra.

Could not believe how fast this hitch arrive. Three days after order.

Last edited:

tinygiant

Equipment
M7060HD
May 12, 2018
GA
Thanks for all the info and links. I'll let you know how it turns out.