Taking what I call a stump jumper off a brush hog

hank2000

Equipment
Kabota L3000F
Aug 27, 2016
louisville
How do I get this off I have the nut off but can't get it to move off the splines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
What manufacturer? I would like to think that most companies have a special T- bar puller for that purpose.

Pat

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
If you can't get a nut under the existing holes, you could drill and tap 2 holes to accommodate a shorter T-bar puller. There appears to be plenty of "meat" there. Be sure to flood it good with penetrating oil first.

hank2000

Equipment
Kabota L3000F
Aug 27, 2016
louisville
Called LMC and asked them how they take the stump jumper off. They said to use two metal wedges and be sure not to use any heat.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I,ve used a hyralic jack and a piece of chain. Set the jack on the spindle use the chain to span over the jack and bolt the chain into the place where the bolts for the blades go thru. once you have it mounted etc: jack up the jack and it'll work like a puller.BTW put the nut on first and have the top of the nut flush to the top of tthe bolt to protect the threads.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may want to get it on its side and chained to something (tree?) so you have better access. It is difficult to get penetrating oil into the joint without gravity to help. I don't think you can get to the topside to get a spray there but you might try to see if you can get a shot onto the shaft and let it run down. It won't be fast or easy and some people resort to just cutting it off and replacing it (if you can get a new part).

Why do you want it off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
You may want to get it on its side and chained to something (tree?) so you have better access.

What Russell said :rolleyes:

That is what I did, I should have mentioned that :p
Also a hell of a lot easier to work on upright.

And once it is off, and going back on,
slather the hell out of that spline with anti-seize. :D
You will NOT regret it. :D

Why do you want it off?
Good question? my guess is general "serious" maintenance or resto.

I like to be sure things are "tear-down-able" (is that a word? :confused:) early on
so if I need to fix something it is not an issue later on....
Tooo much time on my hands ! :eek:

Attachments

Last edited:

hank2000

Equipment
Kabota L3000F
Aug 27, 2016
louisville
You may want to get it on its side and chained to something (tree?) so you have better access. It is difficult to get penetrating oil into the joint without gravity to help. I don't think you can get to the topside to get a spray there but you might try to see if you can get a shot onto the shaft and let it run down. It won't be fast or easy and some people resort to just cutting it off and replacing it (if you can get a new part).

Why do you want it off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is cracked I was going to take it off and take it to work and weld it up. But I think I'm going to weld it on the hog. It won't take much so I'm not worried about getting it to hot.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I had a truck come in the quarry once with the windshield busted out, the rear of the cab torn open and the blade was sticking in the front of his dump trailer. Blade broke off one of the counties side arm mower. Only thing saved the driver is it went thru the right side of the cab.

I don't trust a cracked stump jumper. Think of the weight and speed of the blades and how much damage they could do if it breaks. I would look at replacing it but that's just me.