L4701 PTO issue

Travlinman

Equipment
M 4030 su
Oct 6, 2016
Bellville
I have a new L4701. I added the brush grubber as an attachment. While grubbing the PTO electrical plug was pulled out by brush and the little "foil-like" filament broke off. Kubota has quoted me $1,250 parts plus another $800 in labor to fix this. They have to install a new wiring harness.

What I don't get is, why don't they just sell the $5.00 connector? This seems like a really stupid easy fix, why do they make it difficult? And why put this PTO electrical input under the tractor where it can get ripped off?

I wish I'd have done more research on this model of tractor before purchase.

I've talked to the Kubota customer service person who sympathized with me. He basically told me it was an issue with that tractor and they would hopefully correct it in the future. If this was a automobile they would have recalled this model and fixed it free. I'm gonna be out $2,000 and what's to prevent this from happening again?

Frustrated with the Orange tractor corporation right now.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
post some pics of the damage i'm sure you can fix it yourself for a lot less. plus it will be much more relaible.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
Dang ! Travilnman . Thats a shame. Thanks for the post its good information to know, I own the same tractor and I will have to look for what you're talking about. I hope you have better resolve and luck finding a remedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Travlinman

Equipment
M 4030 su
Oct 6, 2016
Bellville
I'd love to send you an image but the tractor is in the shop getting repaired. Been there for a month!

Hey jbbepic, let me know what fix you come up with.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
Will do travlinman. I thought I was gonna get to see my tractor this weekend but now may not be until next weekend. The tractor is at my hunting camp . If you receive your tractor back in the meantime from repairs, post back on forum. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
They don't sell just the plug because they don't build the harnesses. They spec them and order them from I want to say Mitsuboshi, but don't hold me to that manufacturer. IF Kubota offered each connector, you can guarantee they'd be asking $50 for each one.

Lots of times you can look online and find whatever connector you need from 3rd party web pages. I've bought a slew of Denso alternator connectors this way.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
Travlinman, Got up to my tractor this weekend. I do not see anything that can get snagged under tractor by the pto shaft or underneath. The pto electric switch located on side fender has a harness but connects to the tail lights and them wires go around underneath my seat but in front. When you get your tractor back from shop, maybe you can show us members what it looks like. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
I see this is old but I have the same problem on an mx5400. Wire got pulled out of the connector so pto won’t work. Tried putting wire in connector but it pulls out too easy so probably not making a good connection.

any tricks to reseating these?

Attachments

Wayne G

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 31, 2024
Jefferson TX
I see this is old but I have the same problem on an mx5400. Wire got pulled out of the connector so pto won’t work. Tried putting wire in connector but it pulls out too easy so probably not making a good connection.

any tricks to reseating these?
I just had the same problem with my MX5400. It's a Deutsch pin and socket terminal and all I need is the socket (female) side. Such an easy fix that you would think Kubota would have old wiring harnesses that they could strip terminals from. Did you ever find a replacement?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I just had the same problem with my MX5400. It's a Deutsch pin and socket terminal and all I need is the socket (female) side. Such an easy fix that you would think Kubota would have old wiring harnesses that they could strip terminals from. Did you ever find a replacement?
One of many sources:

Dan

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
I ordered the hht1k-91103

I got the replacement number hht1k-91103 from daredevil1166.
I ordered the part and got it today and it looks right except it has an extra wire which is fine

I’ll replace it after the rain stops to confirm but should work.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I ordered the hht1k-91103

I got the replacement number hht1k-91103 from daredevil1166.
I ordered the part and got it today and it looks right except it has an extra wire which is fine

I’ll replace it after the rain stops to confirm but should work.
If you take the plug apart you will find that there is a blind plug in the second spot.