Never lie to the wife

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
When I wanted an ATV I told my wife it was a "tool" to work. I have had it several years and find that low and behold I do more "work" than play with my Honda Foreman. Karma is having her way with me on this issue. Hopefully the purchase of my B2650HSDC will not perpetuate the Karma, I bought it to make work easier. So far so good but find I am working more and more with all these "tools" I just had to have.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The "Pina Colada" song taken to the next level.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Yeah....good luck with that! enjoy the work!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Yeah...

My wife was skeptical too when I told her we needed a tractor to remodel our house. She rolled her eyes and figured it would get used for raking the driveway and doing light "landscaping."

Among other things, we used it to:

-set new septic tank risers and manhole covers (with her driving and lifting and me setting)
-move 20,000lbs of interior tile removed from the house into dumpsters
-move more tons of wood, drywall and cabinets and appliances out of the house
-haul saw-cut patio sections out from the backyard
-haul sand set Saltillo tile from front courtyard to curb where someone loaded it and re-used it
-deconstruct our backyard and prepare it for new landscaping, including moving over 100 boulders of various sizes then re-placing them after remodeling the yard (pictured below with her driving and me loading and unloading the boulders)
-erect the steel gazebo in our back yard after moving the steel into the backyard
-move over 80 tons of flagstone to the back yard
-move 20 more tons of flag to the front courtyard
-move 1400 sq ft of tile to our barn
-move 3 tons of extruded curb to the dumpster
-move untold numbers of boxes from our barn to the house after the movers delivered the stuff to the barn
-haul hundreds of new plants from the delivery truck to their planting location -many with loads of stickers!
-spread 78 tons of dirt in the front yard
-spread 120 tons of landscaping rock out front
-spread 140 tons of granite on the driveway
-haul several bucket loads of sticker infested desert trees to the dumpster every year

Funny... she looks at that tractor totally differently now. In fact, about halfway through this disaster of a remodel, she commented, "If there is anything the tractor needs in the way of fluids or filters or parts, make sure you have them on hand. I want to take care of it."

I think her smile pretty much says it all...

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yeah...

My wife was skeptical too when I told her we needed a tractor to remodel our house. She rolled her eyes and figured it would get used for raking the driveway and doing light "landscaping."

Among other things, we used it to:

-set new septic tank risers and manhole covers (with her driving and lifting and me setting)
-move 20,000lbs of interior tile removed from the house into dumpsters
-move more tons of wood, drywall and cabinets and appliances out of the house
-haul saw-cut patio sections out from the backyard
-haul sand set Saltillo tile from front courtyard to curb where someone loaded it and re-used it
-deconstruct our backyard and prepare it for new landscaping, including moving over 100 boulders of various sizes then re-placing them after remodeling the yard (pictured below with her driving and me loading and unloading the boulders)
-erect the steel gazebo in our back yard after moving the steel into the backyard
-move over 80 tons of flagstone to the back yard
-move 20 more tons of flag to the front courtyard
-move 1400 sq ft of tile to our barn
-move 3 tons of extruded curb to the dumpster
-move untold numbers of boxes from our barn to the house after the movers delivered the stuff to the barn
-haul hundreds of new plants from the delivery truck to their planting location -many with loads of stickers!
-spread 78 tons of dirt in the front yard
-spread 120 tons of landscaping rock out front
-spread 140 tons of granite on the driveway
-haul several bucket loads of sticker infested desert trees to the dumpster every year

Funny... she looks at that tractor totally differently now. In fact, about halfway through this disaster of a remodel, she commented, "If there is anything the tractor needs in the way of fluids or filters or parts, make sure you have them on hand. I want to take care of it."

I think her smile pretty much says it all...

and.....that's a mighty fine looking tractor you have there! Not to mention the lovely seat cover! ;):)

I would listen to her!:p:)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
That is the best story and pic ever. You made it easy to convince my wife what a great investment she made for my anniversary prize! Also created more "work" for me! Gotta love a tractor that makes work FUN! Oh, and a wife who GETS IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
It is amazing how the wives change their opinions. My wife thought having a good shovel was all the equipment "I" needed, but when I got her out there working with a good shovel she quickly understood that a tractor moved a lot more material in a short amount of time, lol. Enter the 8Ns, surely they were the only tractors "I" would ever need, so I had her drive one in the snow and wind and trying to brake on a hill, etc. Maybe a new tractor with a cab and heat is not a bad deal. She has such good ideas sometimes, lol.

Szmytty

Equipment
BX2670-1 and B6000
Jan 5, 2016
Auburn, NH
I'm not sure what model you guys have, but mine definitely did not come with opinion reverser. I guess I have the B6000 of wives. :rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just hope when I die she doesnt sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them:eek:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You just have to figure out how to make it "her" idea.
I am laughing here...I used to be the only woman on a lot of all male committees, and what I had to say used to go ignored until 10 or 15 minutes later when one of the guys would bring it up as their idea and everyone would jump on it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I learned if I wanted to get stuff done, to put things out there in little pieces to shape the logic, until someone would come up with the whole idea....should work for tractors too :D

Of course the ideal is his and hers tractors, that way you don't have to change implements as much.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I am laughing here...I used to be the only woman on a lot of all male committees, and what I had to say used to go ignored until 10 or 15 minutes later when one of the guys would bring it up as their idea and everyone would jump on it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I learned if I wanted to get stuff done, to put things out there in little pieces to shape the logic, until someone would come up with the whole idea....should work for tractors too :D

Of course the ideal is his and hers tractors, that way you don't have to change implements as much.
I guess it works in a variety of situations, making the idea "theirs", male or female. Plus I have learned along the way to never contradict/argue with a lady that has 3 GSDs, lol.

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
Ahhhh Man!!!! Who wears da pants? [emoji848]hahahaha I tell mines what I'm doing with the tractor lol Now when it's diner time I try & make it her idea what she's fixNNN BAHAHAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhhh Man!!!! Who wears da pants?

Dude they might be silk but she wears them

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
?.....Plus I have learned along the way to never contradict/argue with a lady that has 3 GSDs, lol.
Whew that's close, mine only has two. :p

Who am I kidding?

Don't argue with the wife. ;)

Besides it WAS her idea to get the M4900 when I was looking at the B3xxx. :)