RCK48-15BX MMM Mulching Kit ?

mattillac

Oct 9, 2016
Illinois
Hello there, new guy here.

Hoping someone could help me out, I am looking for a Mulching Kit(if there ever was such a thing)for my RCK48-15BX MMM.

Any help would be appreciated.

So far I have been using regular blades with the side discharge and have been satisfied, except for having to avoid discharging the grass into the flower beds and having to go back over a few heavier buildups of visible clippings in the yard.

Maybe when fall comes and I have to mow over the leaves I will find the side discharge and regular blades wont do anymore ?

FWIW, mulching blades that fit my deck seem to be readily available and I could make my own discharge block off plate if necessary.

I have seen pics(like below)and info on kits available for other decks/models but not my RCK48-15BX. :confused:

Thanks for your time, below is a pic of my tractor/BX1500.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
hee, the second picture is mine...:)
mulching kit for an RCK60 deck.
very pleased with it, thinking about gator blades coming winter

mattillac

Oct 9, 2016
Illinois
Thanks for the pics etc.

I wound up ordering 70000-72900 which came with 70000-25040 blades.

Took under a week to get, and a hour or two to install.

Ran the mower to make sure it sounded good.

Will try and mow some grass next week.

Peace. :D

Attachments

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
A few more pics.
First, that's a very interesting garage setup you show in the last pic. Glad it's not a Miata parked on the lower level! Would be curious to read the details on the platform and hoisting mechanisms.

I can't remember which 48" deck I've got, but originally wanted to get a mulching kit. My Kubota dealer wasn't a fan of it, and talked me out of it. So far, I haven't felt the need for cutting the lawn, but it would be nice for shredding leaves in the fall.

I can't quite tell from the pics--does your kit entirely block the discharge chute? My other application is for trimming the weeds on my trails, and there I want all the clippings to stay in place on the trail to fight erosion.