quick attach receiver.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It's that time of year again -- time to pack away all the boats and bikes. :(

My tractor came with a hitch ball mounted to the front bumper. It was really nice for tucking away trailers in tight spots, both because of visibility and the geometry, but unfortunately I had to lose it as part of the FEL build.

Or do I? I built it with SSQA mounts so the bucket literally pops on and off in seconds. So yesterday I dug around in the scrap metal bin and cobbled together this:

I can drive up to the trailer, lean out the side to see the ball and tuck it into the coupler, lift the tongue so the dolly wheel clears the ground and relocate the trailer without ever leaving the seat. :D

Of course, I can't go outside without my assistant. If it wasn't for his help, things would take half as long to accomplish ;) :

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That's creative! It's better on the loader then mounted to the tractor. You have more flexibility.

It that a Deutz model your helper has?

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm not certain what model tractor his toy is based on. Could be Deutz, or could be a generic, don't-have-to-pay-copyright-fees, model.

Technically, the young man is my helper's helper because yes, they do grow up too damn fast. We serve as the daycare service at any time that both parents are still at work and school is out. He is often joined by his older cousins for pretty much the same reasons.

I don't get as much done when they are around, but I cherish every moment with them. And when I'm done stuffing them with cookies and ice cream, I can send them home again.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And when I'm done stuffing them with cookies and ice cream, I can send them home again.

Yeah aint that fun...LMAO ;)

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Of course, I can't go outside without my assistant. If it wasn't for his help, things would take half as long to accomplish. ;)
Man, that brings back the memories. I was Grandpa's little helper and I told everyone. It was many years later when I finally learned what that meant. :D
Grandma could distract us with cookies and milk and send us home too. But not for long we lived next door so I was always there to "help". :)

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
You need to center the weight between the arms of your FEL. Plenty of posts out there with out of alignment arms. Otherwise...solid idea...I'd just make two plates with a 2" crosstube and center the receiver. Add a couple of chain hooks too...

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
great idea that i'll rig up for my bucket!

will probably go center mount though, since i got a small tractor.

thanks for sharing & enjoy that helper while you can, they grow up before you know it.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
You need to center the weight between the arms of your FEL.
If I was moving heavier trailers, then yes. But I can easily lift the tongue by hand, even on the sailboat, so I'm not too worried about torquing the arms. Yours (fitted out with that WD mount) looks like you must move heavier stuff around.

Chain hooks are on the bucket. I plan to make a pallet fork attachment this fall, I might add hooks to that too.