Kubota BX ROPS Upgrade

rabbott

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 19, 2016
Springfield
I'm looking for advice on how to update the 2008 version of Kubota ROPS. As shown by John Deere the BX ROPS is too low and un-safe. I asked my dealer if there was a upgrade offered. He said the buy a new tractor. That is not an option. Is there a kit out there to upgrade the ROPS??

Thanks

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
more info please on "as shown my John Deere"

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhuummm,, just a stupid question,, what did JD say? I mean I did a little research as best as I could, and have found no deaths contributed to the height of the earlier BX's. Remember companies say all sorts of things about the competition. I bet no where did they say that the ROPS on the BX were unsafe.
The seat belt and the ROPS will in fact keep a person from being ejected from the tractor and being ROLLED OVER by the tractor. Its not put on there so you can roll it upside down and hang from the seat by the seat belt. Just my 2 cents, I have investigated more roll overs on heavy equipment that I care to think about back in my former life. So I think I have a pretty good idea about them..Just MHO

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Did you watch a YouTube propaganda video?

I thought lots of people wanted the shorter ROPs so they could drive into their garage?

I lopped 4" out of mine, TIGged her up and painted em. No more dropping ROPs every time I leave or enter garage.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Ahhuummm,, Its not put on there so you can roll it upside down and hang from the seat by the seat belt. MHO
The question I have is if true, why NOT? That seems like a perfectly reasonable performance request. I'm only 5'11" and I feel the early BX ROPS height IS too low to be truly effective under certain circumstances.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DB OK the ROPS is designed using a static load, however ANY ROPS that has been certified will exceed the weight of the equipment, ,,,and Im digging here cause its been a lot of years since I did anything with them,,
But I think there is a 6 to 1 ratio so in reality yes you could roll it up side down and hang from the seat belt with out fear of it collapsing. The thing is were you to roll over side to side, the height of the ROPS will hopefully stop it rolling over on top of YOU if you are one of those that do not use the seat belt could the machine roll over and do a 360 and go again, sure, I have seen some strange things happen. All I can say is, that it works for what it was intended. If you feel it is not safe then maybe just take your orange tractor to your dealer and trade for a new one, or go green. Just do what makes you feel the most comfortable

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I don't fear the ROPS collapsing, I fear the top of my head hitting the ground before the ROPS does. I don't think it's just a random fact that the newer ROPS are a good bit taller.

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Check with your local farm bureau. Some states have a ROPS retrofit program where they will reimburse you for a ROPS up to a certain amount. The reimbursement is fairly large. Here is the link www.ropsr4u.com