Question if you installed a battery tender on your BX

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
If you've installed a battery tender on your BX series, where/how did you mount the lead from the battery? I was just looking for a spot and it seems to be pretty snug in there. The only spot I'm seeing is up behind the instrument panel near the top of the radiator, but I'm concerned it'll be too hot there for the connection to sit. I'd rather not chop a hole to poke the connector through.

Any ideas?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If you've installed a battery tender on your BX series, where/how did you mount the lead from the battery? I was just looking for a spot and it seems to be pretty snug in there. The only spot I'm seeing is up behind the instrument panel near the top of the radiator, but I'm concerned it'll be too hot there for the connection to sit. I'd rather not chop a hole to poke the connector through.

Any ideas?
I use this battery charger on my BX.
Now I had to "open" and battery loops to they would bolt "permanently" to the battery terminals. Then I allowed the quick disconnect to hang out of the front screen on the side. Easy to connect - easy to disconnect. Many have made a nice neat hole on the side of the dash so there is a easy port to connect. This company makes a port that will be flush with the dash.
Will not overcharge, always a constant monitor of battery's condition.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Don't know much about the BX, but I added a long pigtail to my B7100 battery tender hook up & zipped it to the steering column. Handy, yet out of the way.

Attachments

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Lil foot
That is a nice parking brake aragment you have there. I think I am going to copy that if you don't mind.
Lance
P S Is there still a Ruben and Coco's restaurant in Peoria. I worked there In 1978 & 1979

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bill, I just snaked the lead around the frame and brought it out the right side of the tractor. It lays underneath the side panel on the right side and sticks out about 1/2 inch beyond the plug

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL

Any ideas?
Bill thats what I did, snake it behind the panel and up above the radiator. I havent had any heat issues yet. I have to pop the hood to connect it, no problem since its always inside.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Bill thats what I did, snake it behind the panel and up above the radiator. I havent had any heat issues yet. I have to pop the hood to connect it, no problem since its always inside.
I've been looking at getting mine set up for the winter, and thought it was actually a benefit to have to open the hood to connect up the charger. Knowing I can be an idiot at times, and would probably forget the charger is hooked up and drive away with it connected. At least the open hood should be a more noticeable reminder and prevent such a mishap. I am storing inside, so that is not an issue.

I like the idea of having the cord draped across the operators station so it is easily noticed like Lil Foot's picture shows, but I have a cab and that becomes less practical.

Maybe it is only me that would have the problem of driving off with it hooked up, but it only takes once to create more issues to fix. And based on how many bare spots there are in the lawn because I took off after starting the tractor, and forgot to lift the box blade... maybe I need the extra reminders.:D

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Maybe it is only me that would have the problem of driving off with it hooked up, but it only takes once to create more issues to fix. And based on how many bare spots there are in the lawn because I took off after starting the tractor, and forgot to lift the box blade... maybe I need the extra reminders.:D
You definitely aren't the only one! :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You definitely aren't the only one! :)
I did this on my pontoon boat this summer.....
unhooked ALL the dock lines, started the engine and rode off....

twwwawng ! thank goodness the connectors came apart - I wish there was a HOOD to open on the boat!!!!:D:D:)

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I installed the type where the charger stays on the wall, and only a wire connection goes to the tractor. I wired my connections up to the positive battery cable at the starter, used a starter bolt for a ground, and ran a wire with a plug out to the loader mount. I just replaced my 12 year old original Kubota battery last month. It would still start the tractor once, but wouldn't maintain enough cranking amps to start it again without sitting for an hour or so.