Carry All Build

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I needed a carry all so I came here and searched threads to get ideas on how I wanted to fabricate mine.

It will serve many purposes, a ballast to carry 5 80# buckets of concrete to offer a little ballast when using FEL. Fire wood, garden supplies, tools, feed, etc.

I plan to add some tool holders later but I want to use it for a while as is to see exactly what and where to attach things.

I know the handles are large but they were free so that is what I used.

The wood cost me a little over $100 and the TSC pallet fork was $129.00, the concrete for the buckets was $20.00, so carry all cost me about $229.00. I had the bolts, nuts, lock washers, flat washers, screws etc. left over from previous projects.

I plan to stain it a shade of orange, it is made of yellow pine, I chose not to use treated as it would shrink and twist while is was drying.

Let me know if anyone has questions or would like dimensions and as I trick it out I will add pics as it progresses.

Attachments

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
Looks great!! This is my next project... build a carry all.

I'd like to be able to remove the sides of mine in the event I want to carry something a little wider than the carry all. I also want a place for my chainsaw and I'll use PVC pipe to put shovels, rakes, etc down in to. Also a little box for chain to sit in.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I have a bare carryall frame. The plan is to build a permanent back wall with various holders. The floor and sides and any back will slide on like a pallet.

That way I can have several different versions as needed, and it will still work as pallet forks, too.

Bruce

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Just finished one that has removable sides. Found some stake pocket hardware and some stout clips that work in conjunction with the stake pockets. It is hell for stout!

Attachments

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
Just finished one that has removable sides. Found some stake pocket hardware and some stout clips that work in conjunction with the stake pockets. It is hell for stout!
I like that idea for the chain. Didn't think about that.

I think you have a King Kutter carry all frame, right? Did you have to do any modifications to it so that it worked with the quick hitch?

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Looks great!! This is my next project... build a carry all.

I'd like to be able to remove the sides of mine in the event I want to carry something a little wider than the carry all. I also want a place for my chainsaw and I'll use PVC pipe to put shovels, rakes, etc down in to. Also a little box for chain to sit in.
I plan to add the same, pvc pipe for some tools, chain box, and my saw will slide between the wood and the frame above the top link, just didn't picture it.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I purchased a County line from TSC and wish I had bought a King Cutter instead. The County line 3-pt. set up is too close to the front of the frame and I had to notch the 2-bys I used so the quick-hitch could hook up and the top link is difficult to attach as you have to slip it up from the under side. I haven't finished it yet, but when I do, I'll add more pics.

Attachments

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
I too also read a lot of the posts about the different carry alls before deciding on country line from. TSC. I wish jajiuhad posted earlier about the problem with the quick hitch problem. Good catch on that . I hope more people read his post that have a quick hitch. Good luck to all on your projects.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I bought one year or so ago, the lower lift pins were off by 1" or so. Tarter I think are the ones that make them. No big deal I just returned it for refund.

abingram

Equipment
L3901 rotary cutter box blade landscape rake FEL
Oct 2, 2017
Corinth, MS
Looks like you have some very efficient help painting. Enjoy every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
Built mine similar to the rest. I attached a tank for spring planting so I could have water wherever I needed it as we planted out gardens. 12v pump running off an aux source on the BX powered the 5gpm of spray power. Perfect for working around the house where I don't have a hose source easily.

I convert it to a cord wood hauler in about 3-4 minutes come fall.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I like how you customized the tool box so it wont interfere with the top link,,lol

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I like how you customized the tool box so it wont interfere with the top link,,lol
Thanks Skeets...........................

Yes I jacked it up, forgot to move top link position when I was subsoiling garden. Dropped her down made my pass and when I lifted it at the end of the row I heard metal crunch even with my ear plugs in.

It was the second time I have done this, I was not happy. Took all my stuff out of it and beat it back in place with a 2x4 and hammer.

Such is life we get busy and preoccupied and just like that crunch.

tom.pynaker

Jul 20, 2017
Green Bay, WI
I needed a carry all so I came here and searched threads to get ideas on how I wanted to fabricate mine.

It will serve many purposes, a ballast to carry 5 80# buckets of concrete to offer a little ballast when using FEL. Fire wood, garden supplies, tools, feed, etc.

I plan to add some tool holders later but I want to use it for a while as is to see exactly what and where to attach things.

I know the handles are large but they were free so that is what I used.

The wood cost me a little over $100 and the TSC pallet fork was $129.00, the concrete for the buckets was $20.00, so carry all cost me about $229.00. I had the bolts, nuts, lock washers, flat washers, screws etc. left over from previous projects.

I plan to stain it a shade of orange, it is made of yellow pine, I chose not to use treated as it would shrink and twist while is was drying.

Let me know if anyone has questions or would like dimensions and as I trick it out I will add pics as it progresses.

Curious how you attach the sides? Removable? I like the way this is built!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
The bottom vertical 2x is screwed to the end of the floor 2x in 3 places and to the vertical 2x at the front. I stacked each and screwed at the front.

Then I counter bored a hole at the bottom of each vertical side board and screwed into the on below with 3" screws.

The 2x running up the outside also help hold them in place.

It is very rigid and has worked out well so far. You can see in earlier pic I moved the tailgate out a little to give more floor space.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I could take some close up pics if need be.

Couple weeks ago I added some weights underneath it. I drilled 2 holes through floor and stacked a 50lb and a 25lb weight on top of each other, then took a bolt, flat and lock washer and secured to floor, adding 150lbs to eat without compromising floor space.

I'll post pic of it over weekend when I put it back on tractor to haul some wood.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jay

tom.pynaker

Jul 20, 2017
Green Bay, WI
The bottom vertical 2x is screwed to the end of the floor 2x in 3 places and to the vertical 2x at the front. I stacked each and screwed at the front.

Then I counter bored a hole at the bottom of each vertical side board and screwed into the on below with 3" screws.

The 2x running up the outside also help hold them in place.

It is very rigid and has worked out well so far. You can see in earlier pic I moved the tailgate out a little to give more floor space.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I could take some close up pics if need be.

Couple weeks ago I added some weights underneath it. I drilled 2 holes through floor and stacked a 50lb and a 25lb weight on top of each other, then took a bolt, flat and lock washer and secured to floor, adding 150lbs to eat without compromising floor space.

I'll post pic of it over weekend when I put it back on tractor to haul some wood.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jay
Thank you Jay, that helps a lot! I own a BX2380 so I will not build as wide, but otherwise could build similar.

Thank you for your quick response and have a Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Had some weights laying around so thought I would add them to my carry-all which also serves as my ballast when using loader.

Drilled hole in floor and pushed couple of bolts through and with a little help added 150# under carry-all out of the way.

Attachments