Dealer complaint -attachment related

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd put it here. I'm not going to out the dealer yet, but if this continues how I expect, I will.

I bought my B series in October 2016. The dealer I wanted to go with (best prices I could find) was about 8 hours from me. So I spent a week on the phone with a sales guy getting everything figured out. I needed a trailer, so that was part of the package. I needed various attachments, so those were also part of the package. I then added in the quick attach bucket and asked for a quick hitch as well. He told me no need to pay for the quick hitch, as he'd throw it in for free. I said "Are you sure? I don't mind paying for it", again he assured me that they give them away for free so I didn't need to pay for it.

I can't recall at this point if it was the day before I drove down, or the morning of. But he informed me that the quick hitch was out of stock and he could have it mailed to me once it comes in. No worries, so I made the drive. Again, signing the paperwork he tells me that as soon as the QH comes in he'll ship it up to me via UPS.

Well, here we are mid-February and I still haven't seen it. Emails sometimes take days to get replies or none at all. Phone calls are always left with me being called back later. I can't blame him much there, he's a sales guy and he's busy. So I get that. I also understand that I may not have much of a leg to stand on, since I didn't pay anything for it. I guess the principle of the thing is that it was promised to me. Last I heard, they were supposed to be getting a shipment of them in either last week or this week and it would be mailed out. Is this something even worth getting angry over or should I just forget it, move on and buy one somewhere else?

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Angry....probably not. But stay on the dealer. Be yourself if that is reasonable. Judging from your post I'd say you are. But you were promised something and you should get it...period.
A dealer is only as good as his reputation. Word of mouth and dealer service is what keeps him going. Are you getting any response at all or are you of the opinion you are getting blown off? If you can't get an answer from the saleman then go to his manager. Write him a certified letter, call him, email him or send a carrier pigeon.
If he's promising something he can't deliver it affects the integrity of the entire dealership. No responsible manager / owner wants that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea for a $100 part I would just move on and forget about it! ;)

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Angry....probably not. But stay on the dealer. Be yourself if that is reasonable. Judging from your post I'd say you are. But you were promised something and you should get it...period.
A dealer is only as good as his reputation. Word of mouth and dealer service is what keeps him going. Are you getting any response at all or are you of the opinion you are getting blown off? If you can't get an answer from the saleman then go to his manager. Write him a certified letter, call him, email him or send a carrier pigeon.
If he's promising something he can't deliver it affects the integrity of the entire dealership. No responsible manager / owner wants that.
For the most part I feel like I'm being blown off. When I call in to talk to him, I don't tell the person my name so I'll actually get him on the phone. If I say "Hi this is Justin looking for *so and so*" I usually get told he's busy and will call back. If I don't give them my name and just ask for him, he gets right on the phone with me.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone reputation, but like you said - promises usually mean something.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
We bought our tractor the day after xmas, and had to wait approx. 3 weeks for the canopy, light kit, a top link (it was delivered with a post hole digger, so they forgot the top link), and the ag tires. the dealer had promised service and parts manuals as well, and they finally called me yesterday to say they are in. If it was me, I would just keep pestering them about it. I would be getting pretty irritated by now however. I would probably call and tell him to either send it as promised or that you want to order and pay for one, either way you need it. Probably best idea to ask to speak to the owner directly though. I will mention that I did find that talking to the parts guy got me much better results than talking to the sales guy (who actually happened to be the owner, lol). Have you tried talking to the parts manager about it?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Maybe a call to the owner would be a better way, sometimes you have to go to the top

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
I thought about calling into the owner. At this point, I'm not sure if he'd even answer the call.

I took my tractor to a local dealer to have some repairs done and I was explaining this situation to the guy at the front desk. He knew immediately which dealer I was talking about. He says he hears this kind of stuff about them often and for the same reason I did (good prices) people keep going to them.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"Again, signing the paperwork he tells me that as soon as the QH comes in he'll ship it up to me via UPS. "

Did what you sign have anything about the hitch in it??? If so ....then you have a fight,

if not , you got nuttin!!!!

I disagree that 100 is not worth getting back - HoWeVer........driving 8 hours and gas and time is not worth it, I would make a call to the owner - and tell him that you were promised something and his company needs to stand behind that - and IF you never get an answer......then life lesson learned! I am always leary of people who say they are gonna do this and that.....we all learn after a while however - and you are not the first to NOT get what was promised!

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
Did you fill out the customer satisfaction survey already? Maybe give Kubota corporate a call also, they seem to be pretty good about wanting their dealers to stay honest. I mentioned I had not filled out the survey yet and things got moving pretty quickly after that.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think that the dealer owes you the quick hitch whether the agreement was in writing or only verbal. I would have contacted the owner after waiting for one month and made the complaint to him. I would still contact him, even at this late date. Sometimes the owners don't know what their sales person's are promising. If that is the case, contacting the owner and telling him the story may just get you a happy resolution. Give the owner a chance to make it right. See what happens then.

If it comes down to it and you end up buying the quick hitch yourself, you can get one at Harbor Freight for just $79.00 after the 20% discount coupon. That's where I got mine from and I am well satisfied with it.

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Thanks for the solid advice. I wasn't sure if I was making a big deal out of nothing.

I think I'm going to call the owner tomorrow to see if he'd like to just get this fixed this week.

For what it's worth, the Land Pride QH I was promised is online for $275. Not $100.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
This is the problem with not buying from your local dealer! You can't poke a finger in his chest because, now you have to drive 8 hours one way?

Sorry, but no sympathy!

Pat

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
This is the problem with not buying from your local dealer! You can't poke a finger in his chest because, now you have to drive 8 hours one way?

Sorry, but no sympathy!

Pat
I'm not sure how that has any relevance. Distance shouldn't have any bearing on promises made.

But thanks for the input!

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
It was in the statement "now you have to drive 8 hrs to get some results" Now the cheaper price is costing you in time and grief!

It's obvious your results have been lackluster. The only recourse is calling the store manager or owner and plead your case.

I never did disagree with what the dealer promised you! No doubt, they should keep their word when making statements to customers.

When I tell my customers something, whether it cost me or my store extra money. It will be done, because your reputation and word means a lot to customers and future customers!

Pat

Last edited:

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Armylifter has it right.

And quit calling - its just lazy. Send a handwritten and hand addressed letter to the owner. Explain everything from start to finish including the responses and lack of responses you've received.

The Harbor Freight Quickhitch is fine. Get one and move on. If the owner is any good he/she will send you that landpride and you'll have two quickhitches. Fill up your truck twice and you'll notice the cost exceeds the quick hitch.

Kindest regards,

Clay

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
To all of you who think $100 is no big deal....just send your check to Bcamos.
His salesman has lied to him and it's going to cost him $100 bucks.
Send him the money.
When it comes out of your pocket maybe you will think about it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I then added in the quick attach bucket and asked for a quick hitch as well. He told me no need to pay for the quick hitch, as he'd throw it in for free. I said "Are you sure? I don't mind paying for it", again he assured me that they give them away for free so I didn't need to pay for it.
To all of you who think $100 is no big deal....just send your check to Bcamos.
His salesman has lied to him and it's going to cost him $100 bucks.
Send him the money.
When it comes out of your pocket maybe you will think about it.
I think you are blowing this way out of proportion, and there is not a lot Bcamos can do about it, as he didn't get in writing! ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well there is one other possibility and that is they still have not received the hitches promised by their supplier, and they have a number of customers waiting for them. It doesn't make it right that they don't update you, but maybe if you politely enquire once a week, it will eventually show up.