Post your ROPS light mounting pics

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Got my LED light bar, rear LED work light and rear facing Hazard LED lights installed last night. I installed 2 rocker switches just below my regular light switch on my dash. Install went great. That LED light bar really does turn night into day. Love it. I attached some pictures I took from my video. I have also included the you tube video link below so you can see them live. Enjoy.

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

Here is the video link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMCFszjo7Q

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
Hi guys, so I have a B2620 too, and I myself have been looking to find how many LED lights I should installed and how clean a setup I can come up with. So around last Christmas (2015) I spend a lot of time in the garage staring at my tractor and trying to come up with several ideas :) I finally did come up with a totally independent "power supply" that will power my new "Bumper/Ditch Lights" , my new "Rops mounted back LED and front LED bar lights" and I'm adding a couple other mods on there that I'll be sharing with you guys, right now I'm have all the parts fabricated and I know how I will be doing the wiring, I'm just finishing a few more things so I can do the final painting and clean everything up, but I will be sharing as many pics as I can with you guys and I'm in the middle of trying to do some youtube videos too which I'll be adding the links as soon as I have them done. I never did much metal work before all of this or never welded either, but I wanted a clean design and also something to rival some great mods I've seem on here and youtube like "Mr. Paul Short" , anyway I'll be posting more shortly.

Last edited:

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
I never did much metal work before all of this or never welded either....
How are your woodworking skills? My welding skills are above average and I have a MIG, but I just rebuilt my light rack out of wood. I used white oak and it attaches to the roll bar with 2 square U-bolts. The tractor lives indoors when not in use so weathering isn't going to be a problem. I have 3 18-watt lights facing the front with the 2 outside lights rotated out about 30 degrees. This produces about 210 degrees of light around the tractor with the illuminated area getting all the light I could ever possibly need. I might add 1 facing the back, but I haven't felt the need yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Great ideas! I especially like the idea of creating mounts on angle iron, but leaning still toward making the mounts magnetic. That gives some additional options on placement, and the magnets available are quite strong.

Quick question to those in the know, instead of installing a switch, I am contemplating adding a powerlet outlet to the top of left fender, with wiring from the aux power source under fender. My thinking is to not worry about a switch(es), but to simply plug and play. With a versatile light mount, I could simply direct the light where needed. Has anyone done something similar - no switch?

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
got mine from

www.ropslights.com

best build quality ,with wiring and swich
Okay - I took this advice. With my idea, by the time I purchased all of the different parts from different places, the price was very close, so went ahead with the ROPSLIGHT which is matched to tractor model. Now will wait for delivery and take photos of the install!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
The one I designed is attached to the ROPS without any drilling. It's an enclosed unit with a LED light bar pointing forward and a led tactical programable strobe light pointing back. It's low profile and it's worked well for the last two years it's been on the machine.

Forward :

Rear

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
I already have many Grote 55 watt halogen tractor work lights so I used what I had in stock. In addition two Bosch Relays, fuse holder, 3 way toggle switch, wire, loom, a couple of square bolts, and some aluminum were used. LED lights would have been nice and most likely would need no relays, but like I said I have the halogens. I wired so that the ignition switch has to be on for the lights to work, no dead battery that way.
Works great, plenty of light forward and behind.

Attachments

Stefcro77

Equipment
Rototiller, Scraper box, Buhs hog, weight box, root grapples, Work light LED
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
I put 4 LED work light, 2 forward and 2 barkward but on same brackets. 27 W each...

Attachments

Martywoodburner

Equipment
BX 2670-1, 60 MMM, FEL, Back Blade, Front mount Snowblower
Apr 17, 2015
Kirtland Hills, OH
Okay - I took this advice. With my idea, by the time I purchased all of the different parts from different places, the price was very close, so went ahead with the ROPSLIGHT which is matched to tractor model. Now will wait for delivery and take photos of the install!
I got mine from ROPSLIGHT ( 3 light kit ) as well and love them!
I don't think you'll be disapointed.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
As someone else said, with mounting ROPSLIGHT kit, the longest part of install was deciding where to position lights - oh, and looking for a nut I dropped which had rolled underneath a tire. Work great, and clean install. Also very quick delivery from Canada to Texas.

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
For those that mounted the switch on the front dash, how did you run wires from the ROPS to the dash? Did you go under the tractor frame or just tuck it under the rubber floor mat?

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
Used Split Loom, tie wraps, and followed the factory tail light wiring. The two relays are mounted next to the fuse box. No holes drilled anywhere except for the switch.

Staples

Equipment
L3190 Now, Sold the L2950, Rotary Cutter, Box Blade, Disc
May 24, 2015
Panama City, FL
www.facebook.com
I have a L3901 that I purchased recently - love it. Living in Florida, it gets dark by the time I get off of work. I asked the dealer to install some work lights - the first pictures is the light that the dealer installed. I wanted a little more lighting so after researching my options, I installed 4 - Black Oak, 2" turret style pods. I followed the factory installed light wires and zip tied the wires along the frame to make it look like a factory installed option. Each light produces 3120 raw lumens and draws only 2.8 amps each. I'm very happy with the amount of light, the wiring harness with switch was a complete surprise. I'm much happier with front and back lights then the single light instilled by the dealer. I can see very well - turns pitch black into daylight.

Attachments

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia

I ran my wiring under tractor on split loom. Biggest issue was where to mount to get best forward light, not blind me when I'm looking back blowing snow, and to use ROPS to help protect from limbs while mowing.

Mike
2014 Chrysler 300
1970 VW beetle
2006 Ford Freestyle
2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2013 Passport 2920bh GT
BX2350
and a bunch of other crap

Last edited:

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Great ideas folks. I bought a used (2006) BX2350 at the beginning of the year and have had a great time learning about it and using it. The ROPS lighting is on my to do list now considering this winters prediction is going to be hard on the Northeast. I am thinking about using (4) LED 18W lights (2 forward/2 backward) and a remote light switch (key fob) to run the lights. That and I need to keep them inside and low of the ROPS bar because of low clearance in of my shed and trees.

Deaner70

Equipment
L3301, LA525 loader with QA, LAnd Pride RCR1860 hog
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
New guy here, been creeping around the site for months...
This is how i installed my lights on my bx2370. I didnt want to drill or modify the tractor in any way so this is what i came up with.
Where did you get the switch box? I like that and am in the process of installing the lights on the tops now

Thanks

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
I ordered up 2 12inch LED light bars, and a wiring harness. I'm hoping to figure out how to post pictures here eventually when I get them done.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
New guy here, been creeping around the site for months...
This is how i installed my lights on my bx2370. I didnt want to drill or modify the tractor in any way so this is what i came up with.
What's the black foam/rubber material that you used on the u-bolts? I like that ideal.