B6100 Low power

David2676

Equipment
B6100
Oct 15, 2017
san Martin, Ca
I have a B6100, motor was rebuilt a couple years ago but it does not see much use maybe 20 hours a year. Recently It started loosing power after about 30 minutes of use. I replaced the fuel filter with an in line filter, because I could not get the correct filter and somewhere along the way I lost the O ring. I have ordered the correct one I hope. for now I have an in line... this did not resolve the issue, today I changed the fuel and added some sea foam. I also pulled the Radiator and flushed it just to make sure water was flowing ? I am not sure this may have been an issue. water did flow out of the valve .. I still removed the Rad and flushed it.

It does seem to idle up better not, there is a louder than normal knock that diesel knock when at low idle.

What else can I check .. air filter is clean, has oil ?

I cant seem to figure out why, I am going to run it today and see if when it gets hot if it dies off...

FYI .. in line filter is large and allows a good flow. I did bleed the injection.

What am I missing I do not know diesel very well.

One other thing the rear hydraulics seem to scream kind of loud when under load ? and seem to add to strain to the motor ?

David

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Hi Dave, not sure what could happen after 30 minutes aside from a vacuum developing in the fuel tank. If you open the fuel cap does it suck air? More specifics on your tractor and the conditions of the problem may help. There are some very experienced folks on this forum. Post your results so we can all learn.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is there any smoke?
Could be you have a fuel delivery issue, like a bad lift pump, bad injection pump, or bad injectors.
When you put the inline filter in did you bled the injectors?
Could be you have air in an injection line and one cylinder is not getting fuel.

David2676

Equipment
B6100
Oct 15, 2017
san Martin, Ca
to answer the questions ...

No smoke
I bleed the fuel lines

I drained the fuel and added some sea foam .. I did not have time to run it long enough to know if that was the issue so this week I ll find some work for it and see what happens. The motor starts the way it should and idles fine.. IDK ..