Dealer complaint -attachment related

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
So I took the opposite route of what I would typically do in this situation. Usually I would have complained to the owner after this long of a wait.

Instead, I called the salesman back and just had a talk with him rather than hounding him about where the QH was. As was suggested by someone else, this was relying entirely on the distributor and there was nothing the sales guy could do to speed up the order.

I got an email today that the shipment came in and mine is being overnighted to me today via UPS.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So I took the opposite route of what I would typically do in this situation. Usually I would have complained to the owner after this long of a wait.

Instead, I called the salesman back and just had a talk with him rather than hounding him about where the QH was. As was suggested by someone else, this was relying entirely on the distributor and there was nothing the sales guy could do to speed up the order.

I got an email today that the shipment came in and mine is being overnighted to me today via UPS.
Sometimes it pays to be patient and do "the right thing"

Glad you are getting what you are promised! :);)

waross

Equipment
BX2670
May 26, 2016
Hobart, Indiana
Hopefullu you didn't get the Kubota Ballast Box with the deal too. Because the Land Pride Quick Hitch won't work with it. I got the LP quick hitch, all excited took it home, got it on and there is no clearance for the bottom to clip onto the ballast box pins. Took it right back. Dealer was surprised and looked at it and took it to a ballast box and stood there amazed and dumb founded like I had doen 30 minutes earlier.

12degreesnorth

May 18, 2016
Litchfield,CT
I also had an awful experience with my dealer in CT. Check my post history for the full story. In the end, Corporate was useless, the owner apologized but pretty much blew me off, and I ended up with a hand written apology from the sales guy. Terrible customer service. I don't even want to buy a tube of grease from them now.

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
QH showed up today, and....it doesn't fit any of my attachments. Womp womp!

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I don't see the top hook for that thing. Did you not get it or is it just not in the picture.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Is it just the top hook that makes it not fit your implements? If so, maybe you could find or fabricate some sort of adapter to make your implements fit.

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Is it just the top hook that makes it not fit your implements? If so, maybe you could find or fabricate some sort of adapter to make your implements fit.

Yeah the hook is either too low, or too fat to fit. I found an adapter from Agrisupply, but their checkout link gets a 502 error lol.

It's just not meant to be!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hummm, even the 89$ harbor freight model has an adjustable top hook. :(

That's a QH05, there is another model a QH15 that has the adjustable top link.
The QH15 is a better model for fitment to different model implements.

There is a top link adapter for that model, but I don't think it will help you a whole lot.

Last edited:

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Hummm, even the 89$ harbor freight model has an adjustable top hook. :(

That's a QH05, there is another model a QH15 that has the adjustable top link.
The QH15 is a better model for fitment to different model implements.

There is a top link adapter for that model, but I don't think it will help you a whole lot.
Yeah, funny enough the QH15 was available the day I picked up my tractor. But I called Land Pride and it isn't compatible with my 48" attachments. It's too wide.

I stopped in at my local Agrisupply and grabbed a top link adapter. It all works now, kind of. The angles or the attachments are off a bit. So I may need to buy a longer top link just to get more adjustment out of it.

abingram

Equipment
L3901 rotary cutter box blade landscape rake FEL
Oct 2, 2017
Corinth, MS
For the most part I feel like I'm being blown off. When I call in to talk to him, I don't tell the person my name so I'll actually get him on the phone. If I say "Hi this is Justin looking for *so and so*" I usually get told he's busy and will call back. If I don't give them my name and just ask for him, he gets right on the phone with me.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone reputation, but like you said - promises usually mean something.

Yep. My dealer put a QH05 on my L3901. When I returned it, he said he has put them on 50hp tractors and they are perfect for the L series. I finally outed him in a review. He should have put the matches equipment together instead of the lowest bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep. My dealer put a QH05 on my L3901. When I returned it, he said he has put them on 50hp tractors and they are perfect for the L series. I finally outed him in a review. He should have put the matches equipment together instead of the lowest bid.
A dealer that does things like that are just trying to hurt there customers!
And are just asking to get sued!

Attachments