BH 92 falls to the ground

flkeysff

Equipment
MX4700
Dec 6, 2013
FL Keys
Hello, I have been trying to figure a way to check the hydraulic system on my BH92 backhoe. I would take it to kubota however it is over 120 mile one way to the dealer. My backhoe over two to three days while attached to the tractor will leak down ( the bucket and stabilizers)

If I remove the backhoe from the tractor in one day or a day and half the whole thing will be on the ground. I am very good with fixing things I understand and this is my first machine. I should mention I bought this new and have on 33 hrs on it. The backhoe may have been used for about 2 hrs of that time. I have tried to feel all the cylinders for heat and cannot find any that even get warm. A friend of mine suggested that the control valve may be leaking internally as I do not have any visible leaks in the hoses or the cylinders. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Sad to say I don't have the knowledge to help you. But seeing you've had almost 50 viewers in the last couple of hours with no responses, I'll give you my best advice: do a search (in this section) for hydraulic problems. You might start with filters for your B92, leakdown, etc. There are a *lot* of very, very good threads on many hydraulic issues, and I can't believe you've got one that's never been discussed.

Good luck, and post your results!

Eray

Equipment
L2501 HST
Feb 24, 2015
Lenoir City, Tennessee
My loader leaked down fairly fast when it was new. I thought about taking it back to the dealer several times. After it got about 20 hours of use it quit leaking down. I think sometimes the hydraulic seals need to wear a bit to fit properly.

Last edited:

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My gear is all pretty old, and it will fall in a matter of hours, not days. I know that doesn't help your perception of normal, but it may be in your case. What does your dealer say about it?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Two hours? Work that thing. The backhoe on the L4610 where i worked leaked down in about a week when removed from tractor.

When i replaced packings in loader cylinders, it leaked down for the first while then it pretty much started working normally.

Im sure it will improve over time.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
The other issue might be contaminants in the valve. When my BH was new...it had a paint chip stuck in the valve block. Took a few hours but it worked its way out. Till it cleared out it would cause leak down or even a non functioning ( mostly) valve. It would eventually work it's way to the next valve then gone.

After 5 years I got another contaminant in it. It has just moved to the last valve in the block ( the side to side valve)...so right now my BH works fine but the arm will move if the power is off....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get the WSM for the BH, it will give you all the info on the valves. ;)
P/N 9Y121-04240

flkeysff

Equipment
MX4700
Dec 6, 2013
FL Keys
My gear is all pretty old, and it will fall in a matter of hours, not days. I know that doesn't help your perception of normal, but it may be in your case. What does your dealer say about it?
Thanks for all the help, in regards to the dealer I have not taken it to them, however talking to them on the phone they think I have a cylinder leaking internally.

flkeysff

Equipment
MX4700
Dec 6, 2013
FL Keys
Two hours? Work that thing. The backhoe on the L4610 where i worked leaked down in about a week when removed from tractor.

When i replaced packings in loader cylinders, it leaked down for the first while then it pretty much started working normally.

Im sure it will improve over time.
I am planning on working it, I hope it will improve. Thanks

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I have had a number of backhoe machines, L35, L39, L45 etc. When I removed the backhoe, over some period of time, they all would squat down like you describe. They all did it sooner or later. What we did was back the tractor up to the backhoe, reconnect the quick disconnects and pump it back up, disconnect the hoses, preposition the tractor and install the backhoe. You obviously have to be sure you have adequate hose length and be careful. I just accepted it as a fact of life. The backhoe always worked properly. If you are having the same symptoms, you might want to consider blocking the BH up when you remove it. This isn't to say that they should all squat down but that has been the case with all of mine. some had outriggers that would drop while on the machine. No leaks yet they dropped. As long as it all works when running the machine, I am happy.