Kubota M105SDSL

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
I need a wiring diagram for a Kubota M105SDSL. I just purchased one that was burned. It mostly only burnt the operator area. Tires don't hold air but they are still on it. Most of the hood is good (just to give an idea of the overall condition). It will need a radiator because the top part of the radiator has a small hole on one side where the plastic melted. The Brake reservoir still holds fluid. Anyway, the guy I bought it from started it on ether but I would like to make sure it runs good before putting money into it. I already bought one manual but it is the wrong one and doesn't have the wiring diagram in it.

Also, I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything. Does this particular model have an ecu or anything that controls the engine? I cant find anything that says or shows anything in regards to any type of ecu but I feel like it should have one.

Any help with the wiring diagram will be greatly appreciated.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Can’t help with the wiring diagram. Not off to a good start if he has been starting it with ether!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Ros.

Do you know what caused the fire?

The WSM should have a wiring diagram. I would only trust getting one from someone like Messicks to be sure that it would be the right one. Yes it will cost more but at least you will be sure to get a good copy.

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
Welcome to the OTT forum Ros.

Do you know what caused the fire?

The WSM should have a wiring diagram. I would only trust getting one from someone like Messicks to be sure that it would be the right one. Yes it will cost more but at least you will be sure to get a good copy.

I think it was a compost fire. The only reason the tractor got so burnt was the location of the fuel tanks. There are actually still some wires under the cover panel for the controls that still have insulation on them. But most of the rest was melted off due to the heat.

I will probably get some flack for this but what is WSM?

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
Also, At the price I got the tractor for, I can part it out and break even but Id like to fix it if possible. The problem with the manuals is they are expensive and that will put me deeper into this tractor when I am not sure if I will keep it or not. I have seen in some parts diagrams what looks to me like an ecu but I cant find one for this tractor anywhere. Its almost as if it doesn't have one.

hugho

Apr 27, 2012
jackson wy usa
bleeding procedure L45 backhoe

I Changed fuel filter because of fuel jelling. I also found ice in the filter. After reinstalling filter the engine wont start. I opened the vent line and cranked to no avail. I cracked the 4 injectors and cranked. No fuel. I even cracked a line on the pump. no fuel. what gives?

I need a wiring diagram for a Kubota M105SDSL. I just purchased one that was burned. It mostly only burnt the operator area. Tires don't hold air but they are still on it. Most of the hood is good (just to give an idea of the overall condition). It will need a radiator because the top part of the radiator has a small hole on one side where the plastic melted. The Brake reservoir still holds fluid. Anyway, the guy I bought it from started it on ether but I would like to make sure it runs good before putting money into it. I already bought one manual but it is the wrong one and doesn't have the wiring diagram in it.

Also, I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything. Does this particular model have an ecu or anything that controls the engine? I cant find anything that says or shows anything in regards to any type of ecu but I feel like it should have one.

Any help with the wiring diagram will be greatly appreciated.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Wsm is work shop manual, as opposed to owner's manual. One of the computers on my L is, of all places, back by the rear wheel. What is the age of that model?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
He said this one is a 2006 model.
I don't think that Kubota was putting ECUs on their tractors then, but I'm only guessing.
Predates the common rail tractors. Couple guys have that model, so when they log in you might get a better answer. Other way to find out more is to go to Kubota's website, or Messick's and download some of the parts diagrams. You may get some wiring diagrams that way too.

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
I don't think that Kubota was putting ECUs on their tractors then, but I'm only guessing.
Predates the common rail tractors. Couple guys have that model, so when they log in you might get a better answer. Other way to find out more is to go to Kubota's website, or Messick's and download some of the parts diagrams. You may get some wiring diagrams that way too.
Yea I been spending a lot of time on Messicks and haven't found or seen anything about an ecu. I do have a manual for the M105S and there is no ecu. And it has good wiring diagrams. My concern is other than the cab on the 105S, is if this manual covers the 105SDSL also. I can see where it wouldn't for someone without mechanical background but it looks to be good to go.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I do have a manual for the M105S and there is no ecu. And it has good wiring diagrams. My concern is other than the cab on the 105S, is if this manual covers the 105SDSL also.
It's the same manual for the 105S and the 105SDSL

The WSM you find for free online is for the european model, there are only a few minor differences in these from the US model. ;)

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I think it was a compost fire. The only reason the tractor got so burnt was the location of the fuel tanks. There are actually still some wires under the cover panel for the controls that still have insulation on them. But most of the rest was melted off due to the heat.

I will probably get some flack for this but what is WSM?
I am very sorry that I didn't spell out what WSM stood for. I'll try to think next time. :confused:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wolfman is 100% correct. I own a 105X , early 2000 vintage I bought new and it's all mechanical except the fuel cut solenoid.

The engine could very well be toast however. Starting a Kubota engine on ether is death for them. They DO NOT LIKE ether. Bad things happen inside. I'm sure Wolfman will elaborate on that...

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
Wolfman is 100% correct. I own a 105X , early 2000 vintage I bought new and it's all mechanical except the fuel cut solenoid.

The engine could very well be toast however. Starting a Kubota engine on ether is death for them. They DO NOT LIKE ether. Bad things happen inside. I'm sure Wolfman will elaborate on that...
Good news, found out this morning he has not been starting it on ether. He said it would start on ether but he had been hooking an external fuel tank to the fuel pump.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Per chance did you buy it from Mid States? I saw they had a couple roasted ones on their website

roscottjr

Equipment
Kubota M105SDSL
Dec 15, 2018
Summerville Ga USA
More good news on engine. 12volts on cut off solenoid, small lawnmower fuel tank connected to fuel pump. Jumped started and engine fired right up. Idled great and throttle response normal. Of course this is by hand due to cables being burnt but I feel comfortable putting money in it now. Oh, also confirmed hydraulic pumps work great as well.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not sure who that is.

But this one came from an individual.
Mid States parts out and sells complete tractors that have been flipped or roasted or had something happen to them other than mechanically. They had a few M series Kubota's last time I looked and they are down your way, I believe. The ones I saw were all burn't, cabs were gone, tires flat and loaders were toasted too.

Kind of worries me with mine. I have two M's. Maybe I need to put on battery cut off switches.

Hate to have a barn BBQ. I have quite a few thousand dollars of equipment in there. All insured but would still be an inconvenience.