Price check / help me pull the trigger

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Thanks for the replies.

Do all of the loaders quickly come off of the tractor or is that system an option. I am referring to the videos of owners quickly and easily removing the whole fel assembly from their machine, not just the bucket.
The QA bucket is optional and to me more important than dropping assembly. I have a pallet fork I use for logs & brush , lumber etc. back & forth a lot between bucket & fork plus I am thinking about getting the 3pt attachment with the receiver hitch also.
I usually keep my bucket on when mowing to fill in gopher mounds .

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
That's not quite correct, the L60 series can be ordered with mid pto.
Could this be used with a deck or just a blower? It’d be an interesting looking tractor with a deck. A BX on steroids. Lol.

I remember my dads provious Kubota model. L3910 or something? The L3010 was offered with a deck/ mid PTO as well. Golf courses loved them apparently.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
For your uses, it***8217;s certainly a toss up between a B2650 and L2501. Do you want a mid mount PTO, floor mats, digital dash, and a phone charger? Then the B2650 is for you.

If not, consider the L2501 I guess and make a decision based on price. The heavier footprint is certainly worth something to me for dirt working and snow plowing, but you shouldn***8217;t have any need for the latter. Lol.

Good luck on your decision. We just bought 5 acres as well and will be getting our L2501 next week. 72***8221; finisher and 72***8221; blade. I also bought a quick hitch for dad as well as some 48***8221; forks for us to share. Filled rear tires, bucket level indicator and the telescopic hitch arms.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I was shocked at the price of materials alone.

I dropped off my Kubota credit application today. The dealer locally was 1,500 cheaper than another dealer further away. I haven’t been able to see one in person yet, the B2650, bit was told it was close to an L2501DT in regards to size. Any truth to this?
See post #11...

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I can’t speak to the pricing or that preticular model.

What I can speak too is my experience with the L3800 on ten acres of property. Paid $18,500 for it with FEL six years ago, my last payment was a year ago this month. I went with the Kubota insurance and believe it was $18-$20 per month.

Two acres are kept as my lawn the other eight are mowed once or twice a year with a rotary mower. I use a 3pt finish mower on my lawn. During the summer months my FEL stays off until I need to use it. The FEL is very easy to take on and off, maybe 5 minutes. With it off I find the tractor to be much easier to operate, it rides much better and makes it feel about half as long. The combo of 3pt finish mower with the fel off has worked very well for me.

For rotary mowing I will have the FEL on, the backside of my property will flood at times, so I never know what will need pushed out of the way.

Again, speaking only from my experience. If you don’t need the bells and whistles, I would go with the larger framed tractor in your price range.

Congrats on buying your dream property and your dream tractor, these little Kubotas can get a lot of work done and they’re fun to operate as well.

Good luck and welcome to the forum, there’s lot of great info here.

Keep us posted on what you decide, we like pics as well.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Could this be used with a deck or just a blower? It’d be an interesting looking tractor with a deck. A BX on steroids. Lol.

I remember my dads provious Kubota model. L3910 or something? The L3010 was offered with a deck/ mid PTO as well. Golf courses loved them apparently.
Looks like the answer is yes, but with some modifications. On the smaller framed L (35 or 4060) you can get special tires that lower it close enough to the ground to allow for use of a 72" MMM. It sounds like more of a hack so I probably would not do it. At least it was on the 40 series. You would need to check with your dealer for specifics.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If you were shocked at the price of the B2650 or L2501, you will really be shocked at the Grand L. So if you must have a MMM, it might be best to keep the sights on the B2650. I still think you can do with the B2601. Get on these tractors and picture yourself doing the tasks you have at your place. Drive them around, operate them at the dealership (just don't scratch them up hehe). It will give you a much better idea of what will work for you. What you do NOT want is a B3350 right now (so many DPF issues they are designing a brand new engine for it next year). If a dealer tries to sell you one, I would find another dealer.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

That is an interesting question. If you go to build my Kubota, and put in mid pto, it doesn't show any belly mowers for these Grand Ls, just a flail mower. So if you can use one I suspect you'd have to fab up a subframe for it. My guess is not much call for it. It is a pretty good sized tractor, so by the time you get to that size may as well use a finish mower off the rear pto.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
That is an interesting question. If you go to build my Kubota, and put in mid pto, it doesn't show any belly mowers for these Grand Ls, just a flail mower. So if you can use one I suspect you'd have to fab up a subframe for it. My guess is not much call for it. It is a pretty good sized tractor, so by the time you get to that size may as well use a finish mower off the rear pto.
Post #17 in this thread.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/282661-biggest-kubota-l-cab-4wd-2.html

However, still not sure it works on the 60 series.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you were shocked at the price of the B2650 or L2501, you will really be shocked at the Grand L. So if you must have a MMM, it might be best to keep the sights on the B2650. I still think you can do with the B2601. Get on these tractors and picture yourself doing the tasks you have at your place. Drive them around, operate them at the dealership (just don't scratch them up hehe). It will give you a much better idea of what will work for you. What you do NOT want is a B3350 right now (so many DPF issues they are designing a brand new engine for it next year). If a dealer tries to sell you one, I would find another dealer.
Price, thats funny. 10 years ago when I bought both my M's the total price (no tax, ag exemption) was a shade over 100 grand. Glad I bought them when I did. No Tier 4 and prices have been climbing steadily since. Very reliable and trouble free units and excellent for my light ag use.

Only downside it both have faded to Mary Kay pink over the years...:eek:

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state

The price that shocked me was referring to someone mentioning the cost to put up a fence. I was actually shocked at the price of tractors. My friend bought a zero turn for 10k. For a few thousand more you can get a tractor and loader
:eek: for a few more than that you reach 20k and can get tractor,loader,rotary cutter, and box blade. Doesn’t seem too bad actually.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
The price that shocked me was referring to someone mentioning the cost to put up a fence. I was actually shocked at the price of tractors. My friend bought a zero turn for 10k. For a few thousand more you can get a tractor and loader

:eek: for a few more than that you reach 20k and can get tractor,loader,rotary cutter, and box blade. Doesn’t seem too bad actually.

I have to redo my 20 year old fence soon. The installed price was crazy then, which is why I bought a PHD. This time around at least I have the equipment.
I bought a used ZD331 72” zero turn 2 seasons ago for 9k, and it has saved me 120 hours of seat time so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Price, thats funny. 10 years ago when I bought both my M's the total price (no tax, ag exemption) was a shade over 100 grand. Glad I bought them when I did. No Tier 4 and prices have been climbing steadily since. Very reliable and trouble free units and excellent for my light ag use.

Only downside it both have faded to Mary Kay pink over the years...:eek:
Ah yes, Kubota pink. You should be able to buff that out and bring it back to orange with the exception of the plastic cab roof. Dealers do this sort of thing all the time apparently.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Well that is good news! Yes ZTs are crazy. My father got one on deep discount from Lowes (mom works there and jumps on lightly used returns)...otherwise he would never have gotten it.

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Welp,

Made the move today on the B2650. Should be completed and delivered by this weekend. Hope it all works out and is not over kill

I have three side task lined up already for it outside of my uses

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Welp,

Made the move today on the B2650. Should be completed and delivered by this weekend. Hope it all works out and is not over kill

Sweet, can’t imagine it will be overkill. I believe I put a large majority of the hours on mine the first year, I just kept finding work to do. Enjoy!

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Welp,

I seriously doubt you’ll think it’s over kill. If anything you might wish for bigger at some point, a lot more do than don’t lol.

Enjoy it! You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve with your new tractor.