BX Dually

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Anyone ever make their BX a dually? I did a search and didn't find any. Just saw a video of a guy converting his lawn mower.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: BC Dually

Anyone ever make their BX a dually? I did a search and didn't find any. Just saw a video of a guy converting his lawn mower.
That would be a whole lot of stress on those little axles!

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC

In the manual of the L series it states in bold letters not to use duals. I wanted to on my L3700 because the old 8n Ford has duals. After running in wet places you will be surprised at how well it will do in 4wd I also agree with Wolfman’s statement the outside tire would be way out and if you ran up on something which caused all the weight to be on the outside tire you could easily break a axle.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland

What we used to do back in the day was get the outer wheels a size or two smaller. The theory was that in normal use they did not add any strain to anything because they weren't on the ground, but they kept you up if you had to go into soft ground. Other people used to run with no air in the outer wheels; same theory.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Probably right, but I get tired of feeling like I'm going to tip over. That would really help out.
If your feeling like your going to roll a BX over... your probably doing things you shouldn't do with it, those things are pretty low slung as is.
So what are you doing?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
A TBN member did several years ago, but I can't remember it, think he did it to work better in sand,

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
Back in the early '80s my Dad added duals to his 16 hp Simplicity garden tractor for hauling fire wood out of the neighbor's woods that was a mile away. It had a low and high range, along with the 3 speed gear box. He modified the belt drive of the range selector, and it would go about 15 mph down the road.

Living in the country back then sure was fun. :D

Digger

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I ran duals on my 40 year old garden tractors, makes a world of difference in many areas. They weighed about 600 pounds and had the same 1 1/8" axles the BX does. Today's equipment is built too darn spindly for things like duals. I'd even be afraid of even 3" spacers, depending on type of tire and pressures run in them. Kubota says NO spacers on a BX. Mine are only 1" to accommodate the 14" wide tires I run. ;)

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I added the 2" Brotek spacers and KNOW they have saved my bacon at least once (loader up high when I was on more on an angle than I thought). Wouldn't be without them.

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I would think the axles would break with dually's, I am even too worried about the axles to add spaces, that's why I keep the front bucket only a few inches off of the ground, I have teetered a few times and actually tipped once but the front end loader has always been there to save me so far, my entire terrain is hills so extra caution is always required.