Back Blade Plowing

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
You guys need to turn your rear blade around backwards. That way it doesn't dig in to your gravel or dirt roads. I have one that I use that way in tandem with my front mounted plow, and it is amazing. The front blade does most the work, and the rear blade cleans up. I have one mile of roads on my property. Some of it is gravel. The rest is dirt. This combo works very well for me and it doesn't dig up my roads. The rear blade can also be used to back in to spots you want to move snow away from, vs pushing in to, so it can be very convenient.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
That's some nice looking property you have there.

Nice looking tractor too.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have found when I use the front blade to push snow I drop the back blade to pick up what I miss. I angle both blade the same way and from what I can remember from the last snow we had, it worked well

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
That's some nice looking property you have there.

Nice looking tractor too.
Thanks! I've got 20 acres in Northeastern Washington near the Idaho panhandle and Canada.

Couldn't be happier with this tractor and the plow setup

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

monoptn

Sep 13, 2018
Clarksville, TN
This is my first winter with the Kubota, and we don't get much snow here. I LIKE snow, and if we are lucky, we get 3 good snows of 3 inches or more. Sometimes we will see 6 inches, but usually a couple of 2-3 inch snows.

Anyway, I have read up from all you Great Lakes guys here, and have cobbled together something that I hope will serve my purpose if I am "lucky" enough to get decent snow this winter! I put a pvc pipe on my 6' back blade. I would rather have had a 5 foot blade for my B2320, but I found this 6' blade pretty cheap.

I had originally planned to take the cutting edge off and replace it with trex or something, but the bolts were pretty rusted and tight, and removing the first one didn't go so well. So, with my limited amount of snow, perhaps this will serve the purpose!

I enjoy reading the boards here and have learned quite a bit. Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

Talenel

Equipment
B2601HST
Dec 10, 2018
Staples, MN
Let us know how it holds up. My experience with PVC tells me it will be brittle at low temps, but who knows in that application? I haven't seen it before.

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
This is my first winter with the Kubota, and we don't get much snow here. I LIKE snow, and if we are lucky, we get 3 good snows of 3 inches or more. Sometimes we will see 6 inches, but usually a couple of 2-3 inch snows.

Anyway, I have read up from all you Great Lakes guys here, and have cobbled together something that I hope will serve my purpose if I am "lucky" enough to get decent snow this winter! I put a pvc pipe on my 6' back blade. I would rather have had a 5 foot blade for my B2320, but I found this 6' blade pretty cheap.

I had originally planned to take the cutting edge off and replace it with trex or something, but the bolts were pretty rusted and tight, and removing the first one didn't go so well. So, with my limited amount of snow, perhaps this will serve the purpose!

I enjoy reading the boards here and have learned quite a bit. Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas!
Give them rusted bolts a liberal squirt of Kroil, let em sit for a bit then give them a sharp hit with a hammer and drift punch. That should help to break them free.