ball hitch on backhoe ?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Anyone have any ideas for making a ball hitch receiver to mount easily to backhoe bucket ?

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Have to made it yet.
But the plan is to make a tee to catch two teeth, go across the bucket and drop down and out for the ball.
With a strap to keep it from popping off.

That is next months project.

Ray

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My concern would be installing a reciever tube so it wouldnt interfere with bucket motion or digging operations.
Making an adapter plate in place of bucket would be my choice,then the next evolution of that would be to make brackets to hold bucket below hitch adapter.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
My concern would be installing a reciever tube so it wouldnt interfere with bucket motion or digging operations.
Making an adapter plate in place of bucket would be my choice,then the next evolution of that would be to make brackets to hold bucket below hitch adapter.
What I'm thinking about is something that would attach easily and quickly , removed when working with the hoe . I'm making a small trailer for hauling wood and carrying dirt or rocks or whatever . It will stand on its own so I can load it . It will be narrow , same width as my BX25D . And thinking eight feet long . I have a couple ideas for the hitch adapter for the how but my concern is will it be harm full to the backhoe ? Pretty uneven terrain when hauling wood . The reason for leaving the backhoe on whilst hauling wood is I use it with the thumb to load the really big pieces . Been doing it that way a few times to loaf in the back of my truck but the woods are too tight to get anything much bigger than my tractor through . Even to tight to get my splitter back there .

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Here's one someone posted here a while ago after I asked the same question.

Attachments

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
It sounds good in theory, but it's a long way behind the rear axle. It's not going to handle that well if the trailer is of any weight. Too much leverage in every sense.

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Yes, just above the bucket "top pin" there is a forge metal bracket several member have shaped a half inch plate to fit "into" the bracket with a back plate and attached a receiver hitch to the half inch plate.

I am actually in the process of doing exactly that, only will put a strong D ring attaching ropes, hooks or chains for lifting.

Will post pictures when finished. Please don't hold your breath as it is gardening time right now. However, will answer any questions you may have.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
A quick Google search will answer all your future questions.

Yep , did the Google search and a search on here first before posting . Seen that set up . Good idea but was thinking something easier . But,,,,, I have given up on the idea . I just don't want to put the backhoe through the stress of hauling a load of wood over rough/uneven terrain . If I need to move a trailer or the splitter I'll just use my received for the loader bucket .
Thank you all for your replies,, the members on this site are the best!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I'd make a mini-dolly that pinned to the drawbar and had the receiver hitch with ball on it. Make it long enough to trail just behind the backhoe and keep the hoe lifted up and curled. It should work better and give you a great turning radius on the trailer, almost letting you turn it back on itself.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Using the loader bucket may be the best answer. By pushing trailer in front,you can run trailer exactly where you want,without having to look backwards.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Using the loader bucket may be the best answer. By pushing trailer in front,you can run trailer exactly where you want,without having to look backwards.
Agreed, here's what I made:

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Nice...

My father just torched a hole in the front bucket of what is now my D-17 and tosses a ball on there when he wants. I like your quick attach better!