Deleted member 28804

Cypher out

Last edited by a moderator:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't know about your B6200, but my B7100 has a nominal 10A alternator -- actual is listed at 8.5A @14v / 4250rpm. It doesn't even begin to charge the battery until 1800 rpm.

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Having looked at the wiring on my 2016 B2301 I would not use any of the factory lines, they are very small gauge wire and the protection is OK but not great.
I would added an additional fuse board and then power everything from that. You can direct feed it from the battery or relay feed it if you prefer.
I looked at using the rear pre wired out feed for LED lights but in the end ran a complete loom with relays and fuses, that way I can test and troubleshoot if needed. I did the same with the relays to control my rotator and chute.
I do use the cigar lighter outlet for my LED beacon.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Having looked at the wiring on my 2016 B2301 I would not use any of the factory lines, they are very small gauge wire and the protection is OK but not great.
I would added an additional fuse board and then power everything from that. You can direct feed it from the battery or relay feed it if you prefer.
I looked at using the rear pre wired out feed for LED lights but in the end ran a complete loom with relays and fuses, that way I can test and troubleshoot if needed. I did the same with the relays to control my rotator and chute.
I do use the cigar lighter outlet for my LED beacon.
I noticed the same problem with the factory accessory wires and the lack of space in the factory fuse panel to accommodate additional circuits. So I decided to install an auxiliary fuse panel under the hood that receives power only when the ignition is on. From there, I can pick the appropriate gauge wire and fuse to power the accessory at issue.

Last edited:

fuzzydawg

Equipment
L3400 HST
Oct 11, 2011
Bluffton, MO
... install an auxiliary fuse panel under the hood that receives power only when the ignition is on...
@Charlie Foxtrot - where did you get the switched power to run to the new fuse panel? Did you splice into a wire on the ignition switch? I'm looking for a source of power for a very low amperage feed to a video camera and monitor I want to mount (so I can see the front edge of my FEL bucket) and my L3400 doesn't have any aux power outlet, cigarette lighter, empty fuse slot with power, or anything else available. I want switched power so I don't accidentally leave the video turned on and run the battery down.

Thanks.