Soundproofing cab on B2650HSTC

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
You know a funny thing comes to mind. I rebuilt my outer two spindles on the mmm and after that I could hear my HST and thought, wow what a difference!

After closing in my cab my initial reaction was, yup thats loud. I used 1" armaflex sheet on sides and roof and it helped tons, but didnt fully dull the HST whine. Id imagine since your deadening the source, it should be somewhat effective.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I couldn't get the sound meter app. They dont make it for ios, only android. I used SPLnFFT for the iphone. Supposedly as accurate as it gets.

Here's an action video. I maxed out at 101 DB. Turn your volume up to get a real feel.

https://youtu.be/uzoRYWEp-vY

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
The Bose do have passive protedction for high frequency in the passive "muff" part of the headset. Works just fine in the 2650 cab. On my Grasshopper 725 D, i do add custom molded ear plugs to the Bose Q30s.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Sorry for the delay guys. We ended up getting some snow and wind so I had to move snow for a couple days. That's what I do in the winter other then sit on the couch. Lol With everything put back together except the gray liners on each side of the bottom of the fenders (had to reorder them from the dealer) I did my first test....and it did work. It muffled the high pitch whine more into a lower pitch. I had maybe hoped for a little more then it did but it definitely was worth it in my book. I haven't done anything with the fire wall and under the dash yet but that will be next on the list. Overall I would say I'm happy with the results. Unfortunately I just must have deleted the final results picture so I'll snap some more when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
I'm going to jump start my old thread again. Tonight I was cleaning the cab out of my tractor from summer work...and I decided it was time to look into the firewall project I never got to last winter. I took the plastic shroud off the dash and took a look around under there. I'm going to apply the dynamat to what I can under there and then there is a lot of open space I'm going to fill with foam. I'll take some pics tomorrow as I'm working on the project.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I'm going to jump start my old thread again. Tonight I was cleaning the cab out of my tractor from summer work...and I decided it was time to look into the firewall project I never got to last winter. I took the plastic shroud off the dash and took a look around under there. I'm going to apply the dynamat to what I can under there and then there is a lot of open space I'm going to fill with foam. I'll take some pics tomorrow as I'm working on the project.
You might want to try something like this much cheaper than dynamat.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-O-12-in-x-15-ft-Self-Stick-Foam-Foil-Duct-Insulation-FV516/100028603

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
So I finished up the firewall project and to be honest with you I don't think it was worth it. Noise level is still about the same I would say. I never really thought in was getting much noise through there but it wasent to hard to do so I thought I'd do it anyways. I covered most the area I could with the dynamat and then proceeded to fill in some of the larger voids with some blocks of foam. If anything it will help keep heat out in the summer time. I still think the hydro whine is coming in through the linkage right up into the cab. I wrapped a couple pieces of dynamat around the linkage rods underneath in hopes that the rubber would dampen some of the whine. I think it did help a little. Overall the best thing I did was doing under the seat and fenders and floor. I really am happy with the noise level in my cab...I just thought if I could make it even better why not! Here's a couple pics of the firewall and the finished product. It's not 100% perfect cause I'm not the best with the cab insulation but it works. I think it's better then the gray steel that kubota leaves exposed. I might remove the firewall cab insulation piece under the dash...we will see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kubota kid 1

Equipment
B 2650 Hsdc
Nov 29, 2017
Shelbyville, IL usa
Today I did just like you said and gutted inside of cab and installed dynamat. On top of it I installed 1/2" dynaliner. It took me and my son 4 hours start to finish on this project. It did lower whine some. It also lowered decibals in the cab. My cost for this project was under $300. I do think it helped some I just wish Kubota would do this from factory. Overall I think I would do this again but word to the wise it will not eliminate it all the way. Have a Great day and Happy Kubotaing