New equipment negotiations

silverstreek

Feb 13, 2015
Huntingtown, MD
Although I've purchased many vehicles in my lifetime, I'm new to the tractor market. And I do understand some may frown by these questions? It's because I don't know if price haggling is something expected by selling dealers is why I'm asking? My question is, are prices on new Kubota tractors negotiable? And If pricing is negotiable, what is a round about percentage I should expect to knock off of the final cost? If there is such a thing?

What I don't want to do is assume dealer pricing on new equipment is set in stone and I make a costly mistake because I didn't negotiate the final selling price. :eek:

If this makes any difference to the question I've asked? We're looking at the B series with a loader and backhoe. If we can't find what we need used, we'll purchase something new.

I appreciate any and all help.
Thanks,
silverstreek

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Silverstreek. There is normally a little wriggle room and normally you can get some extras, like filled tires, free delivery, and sometime reduced attachments.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If your a horse trader then by all means go for it. Remember your money is green anyplace, and if your local dealer wont budge on a price go look some place else,,
There are several companies and I don't remember who they are where you can buy complete packages tractor FEL and BH and trailer or just about any combo you want. And the price is really completive and in some cases better than local dealers. Im just saying look around deal and remember no matter where you buy it, every dealer HAS to honor the warranty! And welcome to the orange

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Same as buying cars/trucks never pay list, negotiate and shop around. The last tractor I bought, I printed off my "build sheet, took it to my dealer for his "no nonsense, lowest offer" then negotiated several thousand below that as he knew I would go elsewhere. I could have gotten it just a bit cheaper from Barlow's, but saved money in the long run with free pickup and delivery on repairs and implement delivery etc.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Haggling depends on the dealer. Some dealers start out with the list price and some dealers give you their best price right off the bat. The best thing to do is to ask them when they give you the price, "Is that the best you can do". Then check with another dealer or 2 for their prices so you can compare. Some people recommend "Mail Ordering" a tractor from dealers that are many states away, but unless you are handy doing your own repairs, or are willing to be last in line at the local service department, buying local has a lot of advantages. Having somebody local to go to for problems or getting parts when you need them can be worth a lot.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
"BAP - :D IF ALL ELSE FAILS, CHANGE THE MUFFLER BEARINGS."

If you are going to change them, make sure that they are chrome plated. ;):D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Although I've purchased many vehicles in my lifetime, I'm new to the tractor market. And I do understand some may frown by these questions? It's because I don't know if price haggling is something expected by selling dealers is why I'm asking? My question is, are prices on new Kubota tractors negotiable? And If pricing is negotiable, what is a round about percentage I should expect to knock off of the final cost? If there is such a thing?

What I don't want to do is assume dealer pricing on new equipment is set in stone and I make a costly mistake because I didn't negotiate the final selling price. :eek:

If this makes any difference to the question I've asked? We're looking at the B series with a loader and backhoe. If we can't find what we need used, we'll purchase something new.

I appreciate any and all help.
Thanks,
silverstreek
Silver,

From what people have said here in the past - build it on Kubota's web site, then knock off about 10%-12% and you will be close ( hopefully) to what the bottom line will be BEFORE tax and all the other BS ......

Then ask for the little things......rear tires filled...
delivering it for no charge....

can you still get ZERO% ? - If so - get all the other goodies too, hard to beat 0% - yeah I know they are making money, but ......zero is still zero!:)

silverstreek

Feb 13, 2015
Huntingtown, MD
You all don't know how much I appreciate your help!

As with other forums I deal with on the automotive side. I knew all I had to do was to ask the right people the right questions, and I'd be set.

Thanks again,
silverstreek

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I bought my BX last year. Went to the local dealer and he wouldn't budge. Talked to a few people and one guy that owns an excavator company. He told me to shop around. Got my numbers and hit the phone. Called half a dozen places and ended up saving 1,800 plus got the rear tires filled with beet juice and they extended the warranty to four years. Including delivery and pick up. Financed through Kubota at 0%. Yep, I'm happy.

A.O.

Equipment
L3540HST LA724 FEL
Feb 6, 2015
South Carolina
Man, everything is negotiable, I rarely give anyone full price on bigger ticket items. That being said I did give full price for this last tractor I bought.. seemed like a good deal and I wanted it real bad!!

Shredder

Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2015
California
I sent a request to 3 dealers for a quote on our tractor. The local dealer quoted me list price and the other two were about the same at 12% lower than list. I just got back from the dealer who had one of the lower quote with our new tractors. The price was so good, we bought two. I saved about 5 grand for a 10 hour round trip driving.

The salesman from the local dealer is giving me a bunch of grief, threatening bad service from them, but i think he will cool down after a while. I told him he had just as fair a shot as the other dealers did for our business.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Shredder,

that is the beauty of the american system, everyone gets a chance - not that the lowest is always the best, but sometimes the message needs to be sent.

I have a local dealer that an older friend sent me to get my Kubota , nice guy during the sale, NEVER had to go back......now I have sent TWO people over there, and the older guys has gone back - all three have real crappy responses......like they are no longer important, I dont get it - THE job is to serve and make the customer happy (ok - semi-happy)

Did you by chance take the lowest bid back to the local place? Just asking, that way - he could understand the fact that he lost a sale by a few hundred bucks, but would have also just gained someone that will come back wanting those "things" fixed.......

I have always say - INPUT = OUTPUT, put in shyt - get out shyt..........and threatening you with bad service.....Hell I would call Kubota, he aint gonna be around long !:(

glad you got a good deal!:)