Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 10-18-2013   #1
Tom in Arizona
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100 w/ rough cut mower & box scraper
Smile B7100 right foot clutch pedal mod?

Due to a stroke I have very limited use of my left arm and leg, and operating the clutch is very difficult and unreliable.

I have an older 79/80 B7100 and am hoping someone has come up with a right foot clutch pedal mod or assist rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks for any ideas,

Tom
Tom in Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2013   #2
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Default Re: B7100 right foot clutch pedal mod?

Tom,
I will look at mine in the AM to see if I can come up with anything.
But right off the top of my head it would probably be easier to get a newer HST tractor for your needs.
North Idaho Wolfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #3
hodge

Master Tech

Equipment: John Deere 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Idaho Wolfman View Post
Tom,
I will look at mine in the AM to see if I can come up with anything.
But right off the top of my head it would probably be easier to get a newer HST tractor for your needs.
That was my thought, but there are (at least) two considerations-
1) Money
2) Even with a hydro, the clutch is used to start (disengage driveline) the tractor and engage the pto. So, it still needs to be addressed.

How about a handle that can be (cross) reached with the right hand? Push it forward to disengage, like the hand shifters you can get for an ATV. It would need to be ergonomically planned, but you could make it so it attaches to the clutch pedal, and is easily installed/removed. That way, the tractor isn't heavily modified, hurting resale.
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #4
TripleR
Journeyman

Equipment: BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment

I have the same problem and for years operated the clutch with my right foot on a tractor with a flat floor, I have subsequently bought an HST and hydraulic shift to make it easier, but I realize this is not for everyone. There are some sources out there and you might check with your local extension office or other resource.

http://fyi.uwex.edu/agrability/files...vecontrols.pdf

http://fyi.uwex.edu/agrability/files...vecontrols.pdf
TripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #5
Kennyd4110
4th Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge View Post
2) Even with a hydro, the clutch is used to start (disengage driveline) the tractor and engage the pto. So, it still needs to be addressed.
Not on a JD

Seriously though, I think some of the newer HST Kubota's have a electrically activated PTO like JD uses so there is no clutch on these. The money problem however is not easily overcomed though...
Kennyd4110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #6
TripleR
Journeyman

Equipment: BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyd4110 View Post
Not on a JD

Seriously though, I think some of the newer HST Kubota's have a electrically activated PTO like JD uses so there is no clutch on these. The money problem however is not easily overcomed though...
The new L60 has the electric PTO independent PTO and have eliminated the clutch and it appears the new Bxx50 Series also has the independent PTO and no clutch, of course this is on the HST and cost is significant.
TripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #7
Tom in Arizona
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
That was my thought, but there are (at least) two considerations-
1) Money

How about a handle that can be (cross) reached with the right hand? Push it forward to disengage, like the hand shifters you can get for an ATV. It would need to be ergonomically planned, but you could make it so it attaches to the clutch pedal, and is easily installed/removed. That way, the tractor isn't heavily modified, hurting resale.
That's along what I am thinking, currently using my right hand to assist left foot but awkward. Perhaps I can fabricating some sort of U or V shaped rod on a pivot bracket to cross over the center. All ideas appreciated.
Old 10-19-2013   #8
ipz2222
Journeyman

Equipment: L235, bx2670

My bx does not use a clutch pedal and it is hydro. Don't even use a pedal to engage the pto. Just move a lever with your hand.
ipz2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #9
hodge

Master Tech

Equipment: John Deere 790

We are digressing- he doesn't have a John Deere, and hasn't expressed the desire or opportunity to get a BX. He has an older, gear driven B7100. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the most viable solution is one that works with the tractor that he has.
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #10
Tom in Arizona
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
We are digressing- he doesn't have a John Deere, and hasn't expressed the desire or opportunity to get a BX. He has an older, gear driven B7100. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the most viable solution is one that works with the tractor that he has.
Correct, replacing the tractor is not an option. Designing a linkage to the right side is what I am working on.