Custom snow plow for BX loader, how should I attach it?

Szmytty

Equipment
BX2670-1 and B6000
Jan 5, 2016
Auburn, NH
OK, So I picked up a customer made snow plow that was built for the BX to go on my BX2670 that I picked up this summer. The plow is basically an 60" ATV plow welded to a frame that straddles the lower lip of the FEL (mounting bracket spans about 24 in.). The section on the bottom of the FEL is 2" round tubing, and the top is 2X4 square tubing. I know, I know, everybody want the pictures. I'll upload them when I get home.

My question is this. The previous owner drilled holes in the bottom of his bucket and used two long 1/2 in Grade 8 bolts to go through the square tubing to secure it to the bucket. I am hesitant to drill holes in my bucket (at least until I get my piranha bar:rolleyes:)

So am I being a ninny and should just drill two holes in my brand new bucket, or should I secure it to the bucket without drilling. I am open to suggestions.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Since you already bought it you might as well drill the holes. If it doesn’t work you can always weld them up and repaint the bucket.

Jerry

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
At first, I was with Jerry 100%.
Then second guessed myself.
I would just ask the prior owner if he had any issues with bending bucket or other damage. Bet I know the answer.....
I would like to see a picture.....mostly to see where bolt holes would be, and how the mounting arms are set up. Would want to avoid lateral torque....but really not much different than clamp-on forks. I really like my forks, but a push blade can make some different forces than simple lifting. JMHO, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: