B2650 bucket wear plates

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
A while back I added a bolt on cutting edge to my B2650 60" bucket which has really worked out well. Adding the 5/8" cutting edge really made the bucket sit at angle when at rest or taking the loader on or off. I had always planned on welding on some wear plates for the bucket and they would work to level the bucket back out also. I finally got around to doing it. I had some 1/2" steel that was 4 1/2" wide, and long enough I could cut to fit. The bottom of the bucket had about an 1/8" outward bow on the bottom, so I used a chain and a bottle jack to make it flat, and then tack welded the plates on. After welding the plates on, I took my grinder and rounded all of the edges off, especially the back side. The bucket now sits like it should when off, and now has some good wear plates to strengthen and keep the bucket in good shape for a long time.

View attachment 33075

View attachment 33076

View attachment 33077

View attachment 33079

View attachment 33080

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nice job! That ought to last a lifetime! I think you will find it to be better at back dragging too, that 1/2" lip does wonders for smoothing out almost anything.;)

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Nice job! That ought to last a lifetime! I think you will find it to be better at back dragging too, that 1/2" lip does wonders for smoothing out almost anything.;)
I am sure you are right that bucket will outlast me!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kidd- - nice job and great welds too!

I did some extensions for my snowblower shoes while back - my job was kinda sloppy and the welds crappy. But by gosh, when I put the blower on this fall, they looked like they'd never been used! (The orange paint is still on them in case they fall off, though...I should see them in the snow!:eek::eek:)

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Kidd- - nice job and great welds too!

I did some extensions for my snowblower shoes while back - my job was kinda sloppy and the welds crappy. But by gosh, when I put the blower on this fall, they looked like they'd never been used! (The orange paint is still on them in case they fall off, though...I should see them in the snow!:eek::eek:)

Thanks RCW. Started welding about 3 years ago. Getting better at it along the way. Its funny, getting older, somedays I see it real good and other days not so much. As you said, nothing has fell off yet!!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks RCW. Started welding about 3 years ago. Getting better at it along the way. Its funny, getting older, somedays I see it real good and other days not so much. As you said, nothing has fell off yet!!!
HA!!

When I did those, I posted the pictures here. Some of my welds were good, but, others really embarrassing. I have big shoulders....:eek::eek::cool:

Daren Todd recognized some of my errors - gave me some advice - and said sometimes the real pretty ones don't hold, but ugly ones will last forever.

I said those should be real winners!!!

I have a Lincoln 210MP - nice mig/tig/stick combo, but only used mig so far.

Enjoy using it, but like you say, some days are good...others not so much....:eek: