Our first offical moderator: Ob1kubota!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
The talking on OrangeTractorTalks is sufficient enough to warrant the appointment of our very own Ob1kubota to Moderator status. Myself and Vic appreciate the hard work and support that he gives helping others on the site by sharing his advice day after day at all hours and in great, extensive detail - often going beyond the call of duty. After asking Ob1 for some details for a short bio, I must say, he has an impressive resume! Take a look:
Mini-Resume
OB1kubota started mopping and waxing floors at a Chrysler Dealership in the late 1960s. Quickly realizing that was not a promising career path he decided to approach management about opportunities in mechanical repair. Upon completion of the basic skill course he was ready for a bay in the shop but got sent to the grease rack instead.

He left the dealership for college to study engineering in the seventies, leading to a career in the mining industry. After more than a decade mining, he decided to go into manufacturing where he has stayed for over 30 years to date!

He has worked as a Mining Engineer, an Assistant Professor, Safety Director, Product Safety and Reliability Engineer, District Service Manager and current position as a National Fleet Service Manager with one of the worlds largest manufacturers of Aerial, Digger Derricks and Cranes located in the USA.

He also holds certifications as Master Electrician, AWS Certified Welding Inspector, Fluid Power Society - Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic, Universal HVAC Technician, Professional Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, Certified Safety Professional.

OB1 has hands on field experience with such companies as American Electric Power, Grove Crane Worldwide, Komatsu America International
Company and Altec Industries.

He is a hobby farmer living in Alabama and owns 6 Kubota tractors and enjoys the maintenance and upkeep it takes to produce quality work with his Kubota fleet. Between himself and Vic they have enough Kubotas to open a small dealership - albiet 2500 miles apart - minor detail.
Hats off to Ob1 for his support - and that goes for everyone too - any time any one of you takes the extra time to log in and type out that advice to a felllow orange owner, it helps.

May the force be with you,

Mr. K

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
What an OUTSTANDING pick! Ob1 may I be the first to congradulate you on your new appointment. Your resume speaks volumes of experience. This is a very special web site and I look forward to all the knowledge you and all the other posters share. Cheers!! :D

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
What they all said! This is great now I know that your not just another guy but you do have the force with you, Congrats! :D

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks Mr. K and Vic :D for the kind introduction and it is my pleasure to serve a great bunch of guys with limitless possibilities to gather information, to help and promote new membership in our community Internationally. It is a distinct honor to represent the interest, hobby and needs of Kubota owners and future owners, hoping to fill the gap in knowledge often not provided by local Dealers which are too busy to listen ;) to the everyday issues with tractor ownership repair and maintenance. Hopefully, with the help and understanding of our membership, we as a team will promote goodwill with our common interest in helping others fulfull their mission in our industry; be it the smallest mower to the largest of Kubota farm utility tractors. I accept this opportunity to serve you, our members and vistors with great respect and humility. :) Ole OB1

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Congrats Mr. OB1. I've sure enjoyed learning from your posts. Thanks for taking the time to help out some of us bone heads when we can't figure out what is going on with our little Orange Tractors!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
YEAH~ Way to go OB1. What you've been doing here was awesome and deserve more than moderator...! ;)

I came to Canada in March 23rd 1985 from Seoul Korea. and I've been cleanning and mopping the floor in variety store... ;( What a disappointment from Electrical engineer to janitor but... I'm right behind you. ;) Keep us happy all times~ Ob1.
Have a nice Kubota day~!

Jolly Joe.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Congrads OB1 Glad to see you there. Know you was Quick with a response to my question. Thanks again handyman

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
I'm proud to have someone such as yourself on our team, and ready to help when this dufas asks what might be a simple questions. As I've mentioned to Vic, It's pretty lonely out here when a question comes up. OrangeTractorTalks makes all the difference. Glad you've offered your help. Curious . . .what models of Orange do you have in your stable?

Good Luck!!

Fred Newman, Winsted, CT

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks Fred for the kind words... GR2110-54 & 48 Decks, ZD21-60, ZD326P-60, BX2230-60, L2600DT Loader w/BushHog 362 BH, M9540DT, Hydraulic Shuttle with about all the farm attachments you can image. I really don't have any pictures all together but maybe someday when it get the chance to wash everything up. That's the trouble, finding the time because something is always in the field and dirty. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Congradulations Ob1!

Your resume is very impressive! I'm sure you'll do a fine job here. I, for one, can honestly say your an asset to the Kubota clan!

Being a newby to tractors, I will most likely post my share of dumb questions!
So please bear with me as I attempt to get my tractor back into a somewhat presentable condition.:D

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Congrats OB1 !!!!

Now I think I have a good idea where you work. I know one major builder that fits that description and I work on their stuff almost every day.

Ooops, sorry, :D:D:D:D this is tractors. :D:D

steve01

Equipment
B7100D with a B219 loader, B3548 mower
Jun 30, 2009
Lake, Mi.
Good job OB1 sorry for taking so long to get in here just not near the computer as much now that I'm back to work.