Hood-How do you remove?

jjohnson

Equipment
M6800
Oct 19, 2009
Wetumpka, Alabama
I know it's simple-but....rats got in the very back top of motor and I can't reach without removing hood. I think they chewed up some wiring! It's hard to get my hands on the two hinges, one at least has retainer (clip-? I don't know it's name). My tractor is 2003 M6800 4wd--loader attached. Thanks beforehand!

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
JJ welcome aboard good to see somebody else up here from "Sweet Home Alabama" Roll Tide!!!!! :D War Eagle!!!! :D Now if I remember right there's no trick to this first disconnect the battery negative post and cover the battery post with a cap, then just support the hood so you don't damage Hoses, Cab glass, etc and first remove the head light wiring harness, Your hood is the older flat design right? and if so you have one long hinge at the rear with one long rod through it with clips on both sides that you can pull and slide the rod out one bracket and then the other. Make sure you have help stabilizing the hood when you pull the pin on the hinge or it will swing and mash your fingers. If not come back to me and I will get the old WSM out tomorrow at work and see what there is on the sheet metal to frame bracket. :cool:

Part two: what specifically will not work electrically? No gauges, no key voltage, whats the reason you suspect Rats got to the wiring? Any fuses blown? :confused: