Kubota 42hp diesel on Woodmizer Sawmill

Joe Roger Holyfield

Equipment
Woodmizer Sawmill
Feb 19, 2012
Dobson, NC
The Kubota diesel engine on my Woodmizer Super Duty sawmill runs fine for about 30 seconds(when I first start it up) then it just quits running(like it was out of fuel). I have changed the fuel filter. I have bled the lines and gotten fuel coming out of the line returning to the tank(I haven't checked to see if I have fuel to the injectors). I need help on this-I've got several logs on site to be sawn for a customer. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
The Kubota diesel engine on my Woodmizer Super Duty sawmill runs fine for about 30 seconds(when I first start it up) then it just quits running(like it was out of fuel). I have changed the fuel filter. I have bled the lines and gotten fuel coming out of the line returning to the tank(I haven't checked to see if I have fuel to the injectors). I need help on this-I've got several logs on site to be sawn for a customer. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks
With a diesel it is usually fuel issues that makes them quit. Does it have an electric shut off?

Last edited:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Sounds like it is out of fuel. I assume that you've repeated this sequence several times --- i.e. runs for 30 seconds then quits??? Yes??? If so, check the tank for restrictions leaving the tank. May be partially plugged fuel line ------

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Also, check the fuel tanks vent. If it is stopped up, it could prevent fuel from flowing freely to the engine. Good luck and let us know what you find.

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
Joe,
Does the motor have a oil pressure safety switch on the block?
This sounds almost like a start up safety on gen sets.

E/S