B7200D Hydraulic Strainer Location

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
The current lead article was very timely for me as I spent over an hour today crawling under my B7200D with the manual in hand (illustrations aren't really that great), trying to locate the strainer cap and the drain plugs. The manual illustration certainly looks like the strainer is on the RIGHT side beneath and aft of the foot rest. However, crawling over to the the left side I discovered a large cap nut-like nut painted red. I also found (more crawling) two plug nuts (painted red) at the rear-most underside of the transmission.

Can some really smart Orange guy out there confirm that my B7200D has its strainer on the left side as described, and that the plugs are located as described.

The 9- 15 gallons mentioned in the article also has me wondering . . My Manual says that the B7200D calls for 3.7 gallons. Who's correct??

Thank you.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Fred, almost directly underneath the three point hitch lever is one strainer. Large nut on a banjo fitting, and directly opposite it on the other should be another banjo fitting with a big nut. Both of these nuts are actually part of the screen one is pressure side one is return side. Each screen is maybe 4 - 4.5 inches long. The two painted on the bottom if both of them are horizontal are probably drain plugs and there should be a third drain on the drivers side behind and below the mid pto shaft mounted at an angle. Hope this helps. Dusty:D

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
Thank you Dusty, Thank you Vic,

Out here in no where, and admittedly being a novice, it sure is great hearing from you guys. I.m emboldened and will change my trany fluid this week..

Vic, I hope your meant 12.7 quarts and not 12.7 gallons as my manual says 12.7 quarts.

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
Roadblocks continue . . . . I had my Hydraulic oil and 26 MM socket and was ready for removal of the strainer. After nearly and hour of struggling on the ground, I found that I can't seem to break the strainer. A short pipe on the end of the rachet wrench (the longest that can fit in the area beneath the tractor), seemed not to help. My guess is that the strainer hasn't been off in quite a while.

Has anyone had this problem?? Does anyone think that heat or a release spray might work

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Sounds like you need an extension on your socket and a bigger cheater bar! You could also try an impact wrench if one is available, but I prefer not to use them if I can help it. Not sure if any WD would help or not, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. Give her a soak for a day or 2.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Yes! I've had that problem! Sometimes they are $%#@ tight! I wouldn't use heat though. Be carefull putting them back in (If you ever get them out!!!)
They are very easy to crossthread, which may have happened the last time it was out. I have jacked the tractors up to get a longer equalizer in there.
Ed:D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I have the strength of a 6 yr old girl so I am a big fan of a shorter bar and a bigger hammer. Some times it can have a big impact when you can't use an impact. Just hope it's not cross threaded. I used to put mine on ramps, it makes a big difference. Don't have to tell you to block the wheels huh?,

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
Succes formula for removing a B7200D strainer:

1. Apply WD 40 to the strainer head for two consecutive days

2. Assemble a universal to the 26MM socket

3. Assemble 24 - 30" of extension to the above

4. Place a rugged socket wrench to the end of the extension

4. Carefully assemble this mixture to the strainer head

5. With a strong concern for your knuckles, carefully rotate the assembly counter clockwise.

It works!!! I just did it after straining my brain for several days, and receiving everyone advice.

I was surprised that only about 10 - 11 quarts came out?? I even drew some oil off the bottom of the casing with a siphon. There was lots of crud in the oil, and the strainer was full of particles. I reassembled a new strainer and two new rubber rings.

Tomorrow, the new oil goes in ,followed by a gentle warm up.

Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement!!!