What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Honestly, no. Too much snow and concerns over breaking something. Thankfully roads were closed, so I didn’t have much traffic to pay attention to.

Snow was light; I didn’t even break a shear bolt in 5 driveways!! Woo hoo!

I did see some hydraulic fluid drips in one driveway on a second trip. Was about half-quart low at end of the day.

Haven't found the source yet....thinking maybe a coupler was leaking a little.

I’m often concerned about getting hit by a truck while out there on the aprons, like my wife’s picture of me I posted earlier.

I’ve had my tractor for 7 winters, so the novelty has worn off.

The 2 places I did before my own are the older owner of a pharmacy and a person that works for the railroad.

They don’t get off work because of snowstorms....important I get them out...both driveways are quite long.

Two of the four offered to pay me, which I refused. The other 2 know I won’t take anything and don’t ask.

I’m lucky that my work was closed, and I’m happy to help my neighbors. We’re pushing 60, and are youngsters in our little ‘hood of 5 houses that we’ve been in for 30 years.

So, I didn’t really have fun, but was happy doing what I was doing......

Sounds bassakwards, but many probably have the same sentiment, whether they realize it or not.
Oh I understand and props to you for taking care of your fellow neighbors! I’m sure I’ll be doing the same thing with my new tractor, use to do it with my other and yes the novelty wears off.. especially in your type of situations. Be safe out there!

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
40" of the white powder caught us off guard, glad I put on the snow tools yesterday as it is way too deep to fool with them. No chains but the M powered through. Still a lot of clean up. Pics to come as I am having breakfast at 2 pm:coffee:
Ok new tractor or not.. I’m not ready for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
We got 14 - 16 and thankfully it was the fluffy stuff. My son's plow/mud truck took care of the bulk of it. I'm nursing a back injury from two Saturdays ago, but got my spunk up to "detail" what he couldn't. (we have a lot to plow) so I'm enjoying a libation now and relaxing, but hey I did it!!! . . . ow 🤣

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Dang, some of you folks got WACKED! We got 12 inches, we lucked out. Many county`s around us got quite alot more than we did! I took my time, 3.5 to 4.0hrs later, the lil BX got us all cleaned out very well.

This year was the first time i tried a rear blade on our BX. Pretty handy! Back bladeing straight was really good, but when you shift the blade angle, the BX is a little lite and it will shove you sideways pretty quick if you try to move to much snow at once. I found it to be much faster pushing the majority of the snow out of the way with the bucket, then go back thru with the rear blade to finish it.

Hope everybody got cleaned out, and didnt get hurt or damage any equipment. Winter hasn`t even officially begun yet. I`m sure this wont be the last of the big snow dumps we get this winter.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My wife did hear from a neighbor's daughter.

She appreciates us taking care of her parents.

Apparently, she makes great carrot cakes. My wife told her I love carrot cake....

I do love carrot cake....that I'll take.... :cool: :)

Reactions: 3 users

Adam G

Equipment
BX22 (Sold) B2920, LA364, BH65 w/Thumb, RCK60, Woods 5000 chipper, Bush Hog rear
Apr 1, 2018
Upstate NY
About 30 here
First snow with newly acquired used snowblower and quick hitch. Worked great didn't even have blade on back. Plenty of traction.
Hope all had a safe day.

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
wow, can't believe some of those snow tallies. We got lucky with around 10 or so...very dense with all the sleet though.

I like having very large driveways and decks...but, not in winter.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I finished my Thumb installation today by adding protective sleeving to the hydraulic hoses and securing them to the existing hydraulic lines.
IMG_8774.JPG

I used the rear hydraulics and ran "extensions" to the front of the FEL.
IMG_8775.JPG

The front disconnects.
IMG_8777.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

IMG_8780.JPG

I am well pleased with the amount of motion that the Thumb has from fully open to fully closed. I have about 20 logs to move so we shall soon see. I am anxious.

Reactions: 3 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
wow, can't believe some of those snow tallies. We got lucky with around 10 or so...very dense with all the sleet though.

I like having very large driveways and decks...but, not in winter.
I cant believe you got away with as little as you got! There are parts of PA that got HAMMERED hard!

We only got 12 inches, less than an hour from me, up to 50 inches!!!!

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I finished my Thumb installation today by adding protective sleeving to the hydraulic hoses and securing them to the existing hydraulic lines.
View attachment 52166
View attachment 52167
The front disconnects.
View attachment 52168

View attachment 52169
View attachment 52170

View attachment 52171

View attachment 52172

I am well pleased with the amount of motion that the Thumb has from fully open to fully closed. I have about 20 logs to move so we shall soon see. I am anxious.
Nice Job MM !
Man that thing looks like it wants to EAT something!!!!! JAWS!!!! :LOL:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
View attachment 52166
View attachment 52167
The front disconnects.
View attachment 52168

View attachment 52169
View attachment 52170

View attachment 52171

View attachment 52172

I love mine and got it specifically for log handling.
It's a great tool, work that thing(y)

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Job one tomorrow is put on the chains. I plowed a flat area that I can lay them out on prior to mounting
and easily slide under to hook them up, I really need them if winter is going to be like thids
While plowing out my folks today, I had a tight situation where I was icebound under a large spruce tree and my only way out was one shot at a 5 foot high, 10 foot thick snowbank.
I thought I was going to lose a light or two plowing below and through the low hanging spruce boughs but we came out the other side with no apparent damage.
Returning home , I did damage my barn backing in to the drive shed not paying attention to the 8 foot plow blade for a few seconds.
Tore the power outlet off the wall, sprung a couple of wall boards loose and knocked the back door out of square:eek:

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Put on the new 3-point hitch receiver I got today in the mail. $131 CAD total. Maxxhaul brand through Amazon, free shipping and it only took 5 days to arrive.
Then it was off to the bush to keep clearing trails!
IMG_20201217_130759365.jpg
IMG_20201217_150157632.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I talked to a friend of mine over the hill today and he was having trouble moving snow with the bucket on my JD. I told him get a back blade like mine. Turns out he hates the joy stick too he's used to excavator spools like me - up, down, curl, done.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I talked to a friend of mine over the hill today and he was having trouble moving snow with the bucket on my JD. I told him get a back blade like mine. Turns out he hates the joy stick too he's used to excavator spools like me - up, down, curl, done.
I was raised on thee ole row of straight sticks, but now i run a joystick like a boss. Still does the same thing, just differently. Some people just dont like change. I`m actually more efficient with a joystick now.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Job one tomorrow is put on the chains. I plowed a flat area that I can lay them out on prior to mounting
and easily slide under to hook them up, I really need them if winter is going to be like thids
While plowing out my folks today, I had a tight situation where I was icebound under a large spruce tree and my only way out was one shot at a 5 foot high, 10 foot thick snowbank.
I thought I was going to lose a light or two plowing below and through the low hanging spruce boughs but we came out the other side with no apparent damage.
Returning home , I did damage my barn backing in to the drive shed not paying attention to the 8 foot plow blade for a few seconds.
Tore the power outlet off the wall, sprung a couple of wall boards loose and knocked the back door out of square:eek:
That stink on the building. We are aren’t that far from you as a crow flies and only got 30”.