Float on FEL not working

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
I have a 04 L3130 with LA513 loader and L2213A hydraulic loader control.

The float ability does not work. I have tried pushing all the way up and pulling all the way down. Both bottom out and do not go into float ability. I posted on a FB group and got some instruction to it might be a ball seized or something of that nature.

Anyone have a step by step with photos of what I need to do, or even better a video?

Loader hydraulic control

It’s not a must have but the option should be there for this loader & controls so I would like to be usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
I have a 04 L3130 with LA513 loader and L2213A hydraulic loader control.

The float ability does not work. I have tried pushing all the way up and pulling all the way down. Both bottom out and do not go into float ability. I posted on a FB group and got some instruction to it might be a ball seized or something of that nature.

Anyone have a step by step with photos of what I need to do, or even better a video? .../IMG]

Loader hydraulic control
[IMG].../IMG]

It***8217;s not a must have but the option should be there for this loader & controls so I would like to be usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Try slapping the controller forward fast. If I just push mine forward it won't engage

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow - that tractor looks immaculate!

I did an Advanced Search on OTT for "Detent Balls", and got these results, which I hope follow the attached URL. I know several guys have documented their teardown/fix.

Let's hope it works:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3205434

Good luck!

EDIT: J.Wal - I think it worked, and there are several FEL issues there just like yours.

Last edited:

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
Wow - that tractor looks immaculate!

I did an Advanced Search on OTT for "Detent Balls", and got these results, which I hope follow the attached URL. I know several guys have documented their teardown/fix.

Let's hope it works:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3205434

Good luck!

EDIT: J.Wal - I think it worked, and there are several FEL issues there just like yours.

Link didn’t work unfortunately. But thanks for trying.

It has 900 hours and is very well keep! Got it for $13,800.

I will take the black cover off and see what I can figure out!

Will do follow up photos and info when I do! Thanks for the help fellas!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... (that search link above worked yesterday but not today, strange!?)
Normal..... all search engines, from little sites like this one to major ones like Bing and Google will keep a search result list and it's associated link created for only a small amount of time.... usually less than 24hours.

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
So I need to take these off to get to the possibly rusted stuff? These are hanging off the end of the hydraulic loader control

IMG_1016.JPG

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yes, and some folks drill a small hole in the bottom so moisture can escape. Might clean and use some lithium grease on things.

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
So I have one off now. No springs popped off.... no balls came out....

The part that twisted off has 4 balls on the inside of the part that I would have to take the ring off the end. Not sure how to do that.

Any thoughts. As of now I am gonna clean whet I can and lubricate with Fluid Film

This is valve body after removing cap
IMG_1060.JPG

This is end of cap with retaining ring
IMG_1063.JPG

This is inside of cap. Note the balls on the inside wall. IMG_1061.JPG

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
Happy to say I now have the float function working! I was worried I would need to buy new caps. I assume this is the part number in the photo below.

What I ended up doing was soaking the inside of the cap with WD-40 cleaning foam... then going back with WD-40 to let it sit. I used a screw driver and scraped around the walls to hit the balls and hopefully unstick them.

Once I let that sit for 5 min I pored our what was in and dried it.

I then put fluid film on the springs attached to the hydraulic valve are the caps were covering. I also put some past the springs on the lower black area where the balls inside the cap would make contact.

I then screwed the caps back on and moved the loader arm control stuck in all directions. Once I pushed up, I went into float and it held!

So thank you to everyone who put in info and links! Couldn’t have done as quickly and easily without talks help!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Super!!

Except for my failed attempt at a search link, I was of no help.:(

But I'm glad you got it fixed with the help of other OTT guys, and posted your results back here! So often we don't hear what corrects a problem.

Your fix may help many other OTT guys down the road!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
Super!!

Except for my failed attempt at a search link, I was of no help.:(

But I'm glad you got it fixed with the help of other OTT guys, and posted your results back here! So often we don't hear what corrects a problem.

Your fix may help many other OTT guys down the road!

Thanks again!

Link may not have worked but still let me know I was on the right track!