I don't get it! I spend one day using the tractor, and it's dirty

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I enjoy washing mine I keep it waxed so I can wash her in 30 minutes and my little girl Ella calls me out when Katie is dirty. Silly dada, clean Katie's tires they are dirty and she helps win win for me.

The spray on wax does wanders as well and is cheap.
All sounds good, but little Ella needs to start learning sometimes things not being perfect is OK. Or maybe dad is making sure she never finds a man that will put up with her!:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I don't mind the dirt but could do without the pigeon k rap. Dose them with pellet lead when I get a shot but they love to roost in my barn over the tractor and ATVs.
Got about 30 last fall,.177 and a scope. And a flashlight. Had a fat fox in the back 40 last fall.

I wash my tractor a couple times a year. Only if it needs it. I would leave it out in the rain, but im funny that way. I left it out 1 night since i bought it. It was at my buddy's place. He left if out.

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
Dirt on a working tractor is like a badge of honor. My B26 looks terrible after burning brush and chunking up the fire. It does get washed when you can't hardly tell what color it is. It's about due again.

REL1

Equipment
L2501 BH77, EA Grapple, Land Pride Grader Scraper
Apr 22, 2017
IN
I get a ribbing for washing my orange machine.
My sister ask " do you wash that thing every day?"
I said no,, not every day. :rolleyes:
It's not just a garage queen, had it a little over 2 months and have 118 hrs on it.
A few days ago I ran around it with a buffer and polishing compound then waxed it.
It looks awesome!:D

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
Mine is covered in mud where I had to drag my batwing bush hog through a mud hole after blowing a fitting and coating it in hydraulic oil. Thank god I hit hard ground after spinning through over foot of muck. That hydraulic leak looked like a steam pipe blowout. At first I thought, why the heck is a radiator leak back there?

ArkansasTed

Equipment
2017 Kubota L3301 HST, LA525 FEL, 6' Land Pride box blade
Aug 5, 2017
Eureka Springs, AR
Well...I don't feel quite so a-n-a-l about wanting to wax mine... :) . With only about 8 hours so far....she's not very dirty yet...but a coat of spray wax is easy and will definitely help keep it from getting dirty...!

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
All sounds good, but little Ella needs to start learning sometimes things not being perfect is OK. Or maybe dad is making sure she never finds a man that will put up with her!:D
Little Ella likes to clean because she see her mom and I doing it.

She likes to cook because she see me doing it.

She often does not get her way and we allow her to learn from her mistakes long as it will not get her hurt "bad".

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I think washing a tractor is bad luck...a tractor is an instrument of the dirt (and other stuff) . It likes dirt. I don't want no bad luck and I don't want an unhappy tractor...hence...it's dirty. Real dirty. Oh....and got some grease smeared on it too....will stop rusting..........ha ha ha
But it is greased regularly...oil changed and air filter is clean...the important stuff.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't know about bad luck but after feeding hay for a month mine has a bad smell. Just get close to my shed and all you smell is cow mud.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I got mine in August and it got hosed off a few weeks back. I had a good build up of mud under the rear fenders and around the front wheels plus a few splats across the hood. Sprayed it down to keep it from dropping on the floor. Ran it back in the woods Sunday and came out with the tires caked in mud and leaves.... Most came off grading the drive so now I just track it in the house with my boots... My biggest concern about cleaning it is keeping all the dirt build up off the front grill so I get good airflow. Brush hogging in the fall catches a ton of junk up there.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I use the compressor to clean her off after every few uses just like the mower but it is after each use.

I have 35K in tractor and mower so call me crazy but I believe keeping them clean is good.

Clean allows me to quickly take a look over each to ensure we have no leaks.

Greased tractor and loader this past weekend and all implements that require it and I did use some q-tips to clean up old greased that oozed out.

I'm little OCD I know even covered each zerk with a gray end cap after greasing. Next time they will get blue or yellow and I will know all zerks are serviced.