Post your ROPS light mounting pics

Burgie

Equipment
Kubota B2601HST w/ FEL, 50" reverse tiller & 54" box scraper
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Hello fellow owners,

So, I have a B2620 and have been contemplating different ways of mounting and running the wiring for my new 12V - 18W LED lights, 2 forward and 2 rear facing, on the ROPS bar. Searching through numerous threads yielded some pics...but I was hoping folks that have mounted auxiliary lights on the ROPS would be willing to post some pics of HOW they mounted the lights? Drilled into ROPS? Clamped? Magnetic mounts? Top? Side? Fabricated brackets?

I would certainly appreciate seeing how everyone else has mounted them and this could be a central repository for future reference for others!!

Thanks very much and I will post my pictures and description once my setup is completed...

Thanks...Burgie

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
I used square u-bolts to clamp them to the roll bar. This makes it 100% reversible with no permanent holes or damage to the ROPS. It also leaves a stub of threaded shaft pointing out the back that the rear-facing lights could be mounted to.
20160114_210332.jpg

EDIT: I had to move my tractor outside last night and got to use the lights for the first time. The location I chose puts the lights only about 4 inches above my line of sight so they are pretty much right beside my head. This turns out to be a bad choice for people with glasses due to reflective glare coming in the sides. It also means I look right into them when I turn my head so even without glasses it would be a bad location. I'm going to relocate them higher and copy the mount method in the next post down. I suggest that people don't copy my method. The next 2 posts show better ways to do it.

Last edited:

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
New guy here, been creeping around the site for months...
This is how i installed my lights on my bx2370. I didnt want to drill or modify the tractor in any way so this is what i came up with.

chad450r

Equipment
B2650, LP 60"Box scraper, LP FDR1660, 64" Blower...
Sep 23, 2014
Michigan
All homiemade.. I put all the wire inside the rops tube, was able to feed them up the bottom and out from an existing hole in the top center of rops.

Attachments

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
Similar setup, but on the sides of ROPS (not enough clearance above ROPS and the barn door. It just barely skims under the door frame)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456242783.039195.jpg

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
Though I've mounted my lights I haven't wired them yet. Check this out: 2 light cubes came with a wiring harness that only had 1 lead. I contacted the seller (thru eBay) about the problem. They said they don't have wiring harnesses with 2 leads. Not sure why they even bother to include a 1 lead harness with a 2 light set. I'll probably have to return the entire set (I'm done buying stuff on eBay...always a hassle withe their suppliers and return process)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
OMG!!! My dealer drilled holes in my ROPS, LOL. What I had was two forward facing and one rear halogen light. They used screw in steads.

When I switched to my LED's, I didn't want more holes, so for the front light bar I mounted it on an aluminum channel and used the two holes that were already in the ROPS.

Attachments

Burgie

Equipment
Kubota B2601HST w/ FEL, 50" reverse tiller & 54" box scraper
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Thanks for all the great inputs so far!! Really getting some good ideas for my installation!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Burgie - -

I had some angle laying around......

I'm left handed, and tend to look to my right when backing up, so this is not the ideal. I left some extra wire for a reason, I guess!:p

The 1 time I used them the light was great, though.

Attachments

Last edited:

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I mounted 2 forward and 2 rear facing lights to a piece of 3" angle. I mounted the angle to the top of my ROPS with two bolts I drilled/tapped into the ROPS top surface.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I used Clickbond connectors directly to my rops (no welding or drilling) and mounted my LED's up as high as possible. I wired them with a relay off my taillights so I can use the factory light switch+key to turn on my ROPS lights.

They work well, not quite as pretty as some of the members lights but get the job done.

Attachments

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
This is how I did it on my B2650. I had to keep the lights at this height to be able to get in my garage and I cannot get in my garage with my rops up. I cut out the light bases and then welded the mounting brackets to the bases. The top bolt on the mounting bracket goes right into the factory welded on nut on the rops. For the bottom bolt there is an indentation in the rops so I welded a nut onto the bracket to be able to put a bolt thru the nut and into the indentation to keep the light assembly from pivoting. I them welded on brackets to protect the lights. I installed led waterproof switches in the dash. One for the front and one for the rear lights. This system has worked out very well for me. You definitely need additional lighting for snow plowing and bucket work at night.

View attachment 20759

View attachment 20760

View attachment 20761

View attachment 20762

Last edited:

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I mounted my lights under and inside the roll bar to protect them from tree limbs image.jpg

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Here's another angle of my light installation

Attachments