Thoughts on Carlisle WT300 tires

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I’m looking to purchase AG / Industrial tread tires for my BX1830 (replacing the turf tread). I found these Carlisle WT300 tires on Summit Racing for $80.68 Rear and $44.97 Front. They are tremendously cheaper than the other Carlisle’s I have found but the tread pattern looks relative to the others. Does any one have any experience or feedback on these WT300’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
Unfortunately the shale rocks on my farm eat my tires. The ones you posted look lighter on the treads and One Site said 2 ply sidewalls. Hard to tell. My rig is in the shop now for 2 new fronts at $100 each as I needed to finish a job. I am learning less expensive does not always work for me. When it is muddy the shale is like glass shards everywhere. 7 cuts in one sidewall alone.

Finding a good tire that lasts will be expensive for me as there are only a few available locally. Looking at a 2nd set of front rims so I can run 2 sets of tires. One will be foam filled.

Remember you get what you buy and these tires looked cheep.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
Thanks Grumpyjoe. The WT300’s are 4 ply, I wouldn’t go any lighter. I actually learned that they don’t offer that tire in the size I need for my fronts, so found a BKT Skid Power HD Industrial tire. It’s a 8 ply!! The tread pattern is relative and should work well for me! Thankfully I don’t have to deal with shale and sharper type materials!

Ps. Yes you answered your own thread, I was reading that one a few min ago and am considering looking into this type foam filled tires too (more for convenience)

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
That BKT Skid Power HD Industrial tire looks good. I will look into it more for the next set. I already asked for sidewall design to see if it is any better. At least it is $25 less with amazon and I can have it in 3 days.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
That BKT Skid Power HD Industrial tire looks good. I will look into it more for the next set. I already asked for sidewall design to see if it is any better. At least it is $25 less with amazon and I can have it in 3 days.

Take a look at jet.com, i found them even cheaper on that site compared to amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk