OK I'm whining

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yesterday was warm in the 50's and rain, seemed like lots of rain. And with her daughters here in the kitchen doing stuff for turkey day it was plenty warm. This morning I wake ,humm a bit chilly but not enough to fire up the stove. Went to make coffee,,,, HMMMM no coffee, I wont say what I was thinking.
OK so I go shower and dressed to head to SAMS and looked out the bed room window. The wind still blowing SW to NE 15 to 20 mph I would say, and the rain has turned to light snow blowing SIDE ways... I am NOT ready for winter !!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yesterday was warm in the 50's and rain, seemed like lots of rain. And with her daughters here in the kitchen doing stuff for turkey day it was plenty warm. This morning I wake ,humm a bit chilly but not enough to fire up the stove. Went to make coffee,,,, HMMMM no coffee, I wont say what I was thinking.
OK so I go shower and dressed to head to SAMS and looked out the bed room window. The wind still blowing SW to NE 15 to 20 mph I would say, and the rain has turned to light snow blowing SIDE ways... I am NOT ready for winter !!!!
Skeets.
same shyt here.....just no snow - wind is blowing about 30 mph, would be a fairly nice day to go outside - but I gonna check the box ....O HELL NO:D:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - same here to the north. Wind/rain really blew about 0430.

Spitting snow now.

Started the tractor to run a while - been sitting there for couple weeks on the 'tender.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Y'all got our wind, rain and cool down :p:p Yesterday went to town and it was 80 degrees out and sunny :cool: wind came up and blowing between 30 and 40 mph. Then clouds came in as well as the cold. Wasfrost on the ground this morning :rolleyes:

Been raining for the past couple days :rolleyes:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Skeets, I woke up to a power outage, high winds and a LOT of rain. I went outside to check on things and I discovered that the wind blew some roofing shingles off from my storage shed. So, I had to get up on that roof and repair the damage before it became any worse. This is not how I wanted to spend my day. I am thankful that I did not have any more damage than that.

Now, at least you did not mention any damage to your property and I hope that you don't get any. I will say a prayer of thanks that I have not read about any damage to any property on this site so far this year.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
We had a span of no less than 24 hours of rain on Saturday followed up by a few inches of snow on Sunday. 2 weeks ago it was 60 mph winds that uprooted 2 trees in our back yard. Havent had time to get to cutting those up and cleaning up that mess. Hopefully this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
no snow here yet...

but we had that same wind & a lot of rain. yard is way soft right now.. but didnt lose any more trees yet.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
We had a span of no less than 24 hours of rain on Saturday followed up by a few inches of snow on Sunday. 2 weeks ago it was 60 mph winds that uprooted 2 trees in our back yard. Havent had time to get to cutting those up and cleaning up that mess. Hopefully this weekend.

This might be more than a little ambitious, but if you want to save those trees you may be able to upright them and pack some soil and rocks around the roots. I am not any kind of an authority on trees but I had an apple tree blow over like that several years ago. I was able excavate the dirt around where the roots were before it blew over and then upright the tree. After I got the tree upright, I placed some big rocks and dirt around the roots. The tree came back to life and started producing apples again a couple years later.

Just a thought.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
This might be more than a little ambitious, but if you want to save those trees you may be able to upright them and pack some soil and rocks around the roots. I am not any kind of an authority on trees but I had an apple tree blow over like that several years ago. I was able excavate the dirt around where the roots were before it blew over and then upright the tree. After I got the tree upright, I placed some big rocks and dirt around the roots. The tree came back to life and started producing apples again a couple years later.

Just a thought.
I would love to be able to save them but i dont think I have the the equipment or ability to do so. Those trees are easily 35 ft. tall. Possibly more.