MX5100 Floor Plate Removal

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
I have a hydraulic line broken that goes from left over the top of the transmission below the pedals. It's identified and ordered but it will take another week to get here. So I figured I'd get floor plate out of the way before it gets here.

I removed all of the bolts holding down the floor plate; disconnected the differential lock lever and removed the seat tension knob to get clearance but it still hangs up on the break pedals. If I removed the fenders I could get it back far enough to clear the pedals or remove the pedals. Both options appear to be nasty jobs.

Anyone have better options/suggestions?

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Aloha, The fenders are time consuming and that it's fairly new so rusted hardware should not be an issue.

Is it possible to remove the clevis pins on the brake rods and have someone depress the pedals so you can wiggle the platform out?

Pat

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
Aloha, The fenders are time consuming and that it's fairly new so rusted hardware should not be an issue.

Is it possible to remove the clevis pins on the brake rods and have someone depress the pedals so you can wiggle the platform out?

Pat
Thanks Pat.

After posting I was looking through the workshop manual to see if I missed something and found the break linkage diagram. I'll see if I can get to the clevis pins.

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
Well I got the pedals free. They won't move up but I can get them down against the "firewall" but it is still not enough by 1" ± to pull the floor plate back far enough to lift out. Sooooo, I guess it's removing the fenders unless someone has a secret process.

This a very poor design. When I put it back together I'll cut the floor pan back in that area so I won't have this problem again.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Look for bolts holding the center cowl stack in place - I found I could loosen enough to lift it a bit and get the platform out

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
Good idea ... I'll give it a try.

However, as I said before this is a very poor design that Kubota should remedy in future models. There is a "lip" running along the front of the floor pan and if it had been removed at the point the pan traverses the hump on the transmission we wouldn't have this problem.