Regard to check chains or 3 pt stabilizers

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
Hello,
It's ironic that just today I was working on my B2100 's 3pt hitch and come to find out that not only are the check chains badly bent up but the treads are badly determined as well with no adjustment left. Also my adjustable drop link and fixed drop link are bent up as well. So this mess will make any hook up to any implement virtually impossible . See attached pic!
I called my local Kubota dealer and they informed me that these crappie turnbuckle style chains will cost me $110.00 each and that the adjustable drop link and fix link will cost me another $100.00 each
That's $420.00 for 2 new junk check chains and 2 drop links...there's no way in hell I'm doing that.
Then I came in the house and opened up the furum and low and behold I saw the post on check chains or stabilizers or whatever !
I had read where Flynlow3 suggested upgrading to the telescopic 3 pt stabilizers and that's exactly what I would like to do however , just as I read in the post not sure of which site to look for them and also to get the right size for a B2100!
Any response would be most appreciated with a possible link as well. Hey and thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Now that is a 3-point that's been seriously abused. I'm trying to figure out exactly how the down links can get bent up that bad and nothing was broken.
Try Tractor Supply, Rural King or someplace similar for universal down links. They usually have something in stock for less than that.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is it just me - or are those lift arms.....180 degrees out of whack?

The tops just don't look right. Then again - tucked in tight - that might be right!

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
Now that is a 3-point that's been seriously abused. I'm trying to figure out exactly how the down links can get bent up that bad and nothing was broken.
Try Tractor Supply, Rural King or someplace similar for universal down links. They usually have something in stock for less than that.
Well thanks,
and yes its a definite that the previous owner did abuse this 3 pt.
I will do that , check out those places for some type of universal down links. However, I'm still thinking that I want to replace the stabilizers with the telescopic type especially if a pair only cost $200. As I said earlier, the dealer wants $110.00 each for the same turnbuckle originals and I've read that these telescopic stabilizers are much stronger and easier to adjust.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
Well thanks,
and yes its a definite that the previous owner did abuse this 3 pt.
I will do that , check out those places for some type of universal down links. However, I'm still thinking that I want to replace the stabilizers with the telescopic type especially if a pair only cost $200. As I said earlier, the dealer wants $110.00 each for the same turnbuckle originals and I've read that these telescopic stabilizers are much stronger and easier to adjust.

Yes 85Hokie , I believe the lift arms are right and they are tight...also the right lift is not attached!
And thanks Lilfoot, you say to contact Hodge for the telescopic stabilizers but Hodge what???

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Looks like it was lucky those links bent and nothing broke on the back of the tractor. Will need to keep that in mind with stronger new links. Sure would be a bad deal to have to repair the back of that case where the mounting brackets bolt on.

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
Just so everyone knows, I heard from Mark (Hodge) and he is no longer doing the adjustable links. Didn't want him to start getting hit with a bunch of emails because of this threads re-awakening. Thanks.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I heard from Mark (Hodge) and he is no longer doing the adjustable links.
That's a shame, he had a fine product, but I understand it was interfering with the important parts of his life.

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
That's a shame, he had a fine product, but I understand it was interfering with the important parts of his life.
Yes and thanks felows, I sent him an email and he explained that he nolonger has the time to fabricate them. Very nice of him to respond as quickly as he did. It is to bad because it did look like a good product.? Guess I'll have no choice but to go with an entirely new aftermarket 3pt set up for$200.00.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Hi Frank - do you know the history of your tractor? It is odd that everything is freshly painted yet badly bent. Other posters are likely right that the cheaper parts bent to save the castings.
Definitely worth the price of repair to get your tractor functioning.;)

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
Hi Frank - do you know the history of your tractor? It is odd that everything is freshly painted yet badly bent. Other posters are likely right that the cheaper parts bent to save the castings.
Definitely worth the price of repair to get your tractor functioning.;)
Hello Lencho-
I actually don't know the history of the tractor from its original owner.
I purchased it from a guy who had bought it from the original owner.
That is why I've been changing all the fluids, filters and drain plug o-rings as well. This way I will know that everything's right and can begin my maintenance routine from there.
As for the 3pt looking freshly painted.... it is.
After I repaired the right rear wheel seal and prior to reassembly, I repainted the brake assembly, axle and right wheel before reassembly.
Since I had removed the entire 3pt to do that job , I apparently wasted my time wire wheeling and repainting all those parts
especially since now I'm looking at purchasing an entire aftermarket 3pt set up that includes everything brand new for around $200.
And yes, I'm lucky the rear transaxle case was not severely damaged.
Thanks for responding!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Frank, you might give these folks a call. They have a wide selection of used Kubota parts. Their good to deal with.
http://wkytpstore.com/

There is another forum member, 007 (I think) who has various Kubota parts. Might look him up in search and send him a PM.

FrankBaggs1

May 30, 2017
Frank, you might give these folks a call. They have a wide selection of used Kubota parts. Their good to deal with.
http://wkytpstore.com/

There is another forum member, 007 (I think) who has various Kubota parts. Might look him up in search and send him a PM.
Ok will do D2Cat and thank you