I NEED A 3pt TOP LINK for 89 B8200

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
I need a 3pt Hitch Top Link for a 1989 Kubota B8200 4x4

ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY WOULD LIKE TO "GIVE" AWAY , OR SELL ME REALLY CHEAP?

Please Let me know ASAP

I LIVE IN NORTHERN ONTARIO

THANKS

boss@kmoose.com

BUBBA

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
bubba I was hoping someone would come through by now but here I go again with welding projects :D ... Go to a Farm Coop and pick up a class 1 top link, its going to be mild steel anyway so you can modify it anyway you want because the worst case sceniaro is it will break and drop your attachment to the ground and moving at 3 to 5 MPH tramming will not throw you out of the seat! :eek: I buy them and cut them in a cut off saw, bevel the ends and add a length of tube stock to increase length for deep earth moving jobs like middle busting sod or trenching and cut out a section to shorten the length for higher lift capacity. I never buy a Kubota OEM because they don't manufacture them anyway because of liability and cost of goods sold. (its not worth tooling up for margin wise) SO my advice is for you to buy one, hit it with a grinder to look at the sparks the grinder puts off ( this tells you the carbon content by the blueness of the spark) the bluer the more % of carbon in the steel. I generally MIG my links but also use SMAW E7018 low hydrogen all position rods in a vertical up position first tracking all four quadrants in a jig as I go, but this is just me and you can get by with a low 60K tensile filler material because the link will fail long before a proper weld :D

You can do this :cool: get her done......:)

bubbaboss

Equipment
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
I Managed to Buy one for $29.99 Canadian .... NON KUBOTA Part..

Kubota Wanted $187. for a Top Link

I Am Presuming ts just a Standard Farm Tractor Cat 1 Top Link

Got it at NorhShore Tractor in Echo Bay, Ontario , very Helpful and they do not just push there Kubota OEM Parts.

OB1 ... Welding is One Thing i have Never Tried .... Although as an Electrician i have been Known to Weld Stuff by Accident. LOL

Thanks for the Information

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I Managed to Buy one for $29.99 Canadian .... NON KUBOTA Part..

Kubota Wanted $187. for a Top Link

I Am Presuming ts just a Standard Farm Tractor Cat 1 Top Link

Got it at NorhShore Tractor in Echo Bay, Ontario , very Helpgul and they do not just push there Kubota OEM Parts.

OB1 ... Welding is One Thing i have Never Tried .... Although as an Electrician i have been Known to Weld Stuff by Accident. LOL

Thanks for the Information
Bubba your new name is now 'Arcy'.....I stated that kind of welding at Six (6) years old when I took a set of Dad's Diagonals and cut through an over head two wire light fixture because I kept bumping my head on it when I climbed on to his work bench. When he got home from work Mom ratted on me and Dad's answer was ( as I hide under the bed )... "he'll make a good electrician some day". Well, I don't know about 'good', but I did manage to earn my Master's License and spent 12 years in and around the Mines for the Power Company for over 19 years HAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA (LOL) :D:D:D The last seven years I spent in the office and took an early bail out when I couldn't stand not getting my hands dirty anymore. At least now I can run out into the shop and at least look at a Tractor, grab a wrench and pick up a stinger or Tourch! :D:D:D

Last edited:

bubbaboss

Equipment
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
"ARCY" you may be right ..... my Best Time was 220 volts Grounding to my Aluminum Ladder(The Good Ole Days Before FiberGlass..LOL) 30 years ago,,, it Arced through my T- Shirt and was Bouncing all over my Chest Hair.... What a Light Show !!

What a Different Tingle i Must Say .....

That was mostly my Fault for Not Double Checking the Electricians Lock Out , I was the Apprentice and Assumed he knew..

NEVER ASSUME WHEN PLAING WITH ELECRCITY PEOPLE...

I Traded that Career for Computers 15 years ago,, So I need to get Back to Touching Big Tools again ... LOL

And ... YES!! $187. if you get a Kubota Top Link ... I called 2 Dealers to Confirm that Shocker.

I ALKSO DID NOT BUY KUBOTA FILTERS...

I Got Wic for a Cheap Price in Canadian Bucks.

Oil $9.30
Air $25.16
Fuel $7.

NOW I NEED TO FIND AFTER MARKET KUBOTA RIMS THAT FIT A 12-4 X 16 TIRE

Bubba