What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
New porch and siding for the house next month.

The Rhododendrons have to go.

The Kubota and my little MS211 made it a breeze!:D
I spoke too soon!:p

The big rhododendron stump/roots were more than my little BX2360 could handle. Got all the other ones. The contractor will have a mini-excavator to tear porch off, so he can tackle it.

My neighbor saw me struggling with it, and parked his BX24 TLB out front, and said "key's in it if you want a backhoe."

I didn't use the hoe, but did use it for a couple minutes just for the FEL. My FEL wasn't on, so it was handy.

Small towns are a GREAT thing, and I thanked him greatly for the offer!:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Needed a tad more weight on the rear whilst loading some heavy dirt to the new herb garden... dont laugh! Marg the rains comin! And i needed it done fast

50kg but it made a difference that far from 3pl

Also straightened my 4in1 bucket on a tree

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Took the deck off and washed the BX. My advice, never get your deck (MMM) wet. I also have a 44 yr old AC 314 with the original deck. Never been wet. Water can lay on them and rust holes.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Back dragged the yard yesterday to cover up some grass seed and to give it a nice smoothing. Made a drag out of a left over roll of concrete mesh. Then tossed my turf tires and some cinder blocks on top of it. Then tied it off to the back of the tractor. :D

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Added a monitor/rear camera to the b2650 cab yesterday. Today it was mowing followed by spraying fall fertilizer.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
replaced the mower belt,, OMG 120bucks for a belt :eek: I mean really the other one was OEM and only 7 years old,, they don't make them like they use to.. Had to replace the idler pulley zerbert when the belt let go it cleaned the top right off,, yeah it came out,, whew,, and a new one only cost me 3.48 WTF for a zerbert man,,, But I bite the bullet like a man came home and pulled the deck put the new zerbert in and put the belt back on,,, yeah right!!! That freekin idler spring is faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound and able to hide in plain sight!!!! Yeah I know the one end is just about captive and how in gawd name did it come out I don't know but it did, yes it did. 2 hours of looking for the spring and I am about to call and see if they have one at the shop... there it is laying beside the bouta ,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: picked it up and it went on easy as pie,,mowed and dayum did a new belt make a difference,, all this time I was wearing the blades out sharpening them,, the bloody belt was slipping,thats why the cut sucked!!!, Oh well sharp blades and a new belt,, all is right with the world,, of course after several adult beverages ya gota sit back and laugh :D

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
replaced the mower belt,, OMG 120bucks for a belt :eek: I mean really the other one was OEM and only 7 years old,, they don't make them like they use to.. Had to replace the idler pulley zerbert when the belt let go it cleaned the top right off,, yeah it came out,, whew,, and a new one only cost me 3.48 WTF for a zerbert man,,, But I bite the bullet like a man came home and pulled the deck put the new zerbert in and put the belt back on,,, yeah right!!! That freekin idler spring is faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound and able to hide in plain sight!!!! Yeah I know the one end is just about captive and how in gawd name did it come out I don't know but it did, yes it did. 2 hours of looking for the spring and I am about to call and see if they have one at the shop... there it is laying beside the bouta ,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: picked it up and it went on easy as pie,,mowed and dayum did a new belt make a difference,, all this time I was wearing the blades out sharpening them,, the bloody belt was slipping,thats why the cut sucked!!!, Oh well sharp blades and a new belt,, all is right with the world,, of course after several adult beverages ya gota sit back and laugh :D
When I have a part get away from me, I have better luck listening for where it goes rather than trying to watch.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That's a pretty good way to do it,,,, but I had the blues station crankin and well you get the idea,,, besides all I could really hear was me yelling Mudder ,,,something or another :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's a pretty good way to do it,,,, but I had the blues station crankin and well you get the idea,,, besides all I could really hear was me yelling Mudder ,,,something or another :D
Your luck sounds about like mine. I had a similar experience with my old cub cadet. Went to hook up the spring, had it slip out of my hands. Lost site of it as it went over the fence into the neighbors hay field. :rolleyes: Took me a week and a half to get the new spring.

Had the drive belt go for the hydrostatic a week later. Got fed up and bought a finish mower for the tractor. Put the cub back together and sold it :D

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Did my 50 hour service and then some. In addition to replacing the hydro filter I changed the fluid and cleaned the screen.

Engine Oil change - done
Engine Oil filter change - done
Hydro filter change - done
Hydro fluid change - no called for but done
Hydro fluid screen (what ever it's really called) - cleaned

In addition did my normal maintenance of greasing all zerks, sharpening the MMM blades, etc.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Well...technically this was a couple of weeks ago...wife ripped the tilt cylinder mounts off the BX pin adapter.

It would appear that the factory welding was at the tip and end and only on one side...reminiscent of the Lands Pride grapple I had to completely rebuilt after ripping off both hinges.

So add this destruction to also having to rebuilt the tilt cylinder around 350 and 790 hrs.

If my dealer - Mid Valley Tractor, in Oregon - had any sense they would have talked me into a QA before I bought the forks and grapple.

This adapter plate is tweaked...too...I have to wiggle any attachment around to get the pins to fit. The second I have $800 to spend on the QA and a couple of plates off Amazon I am converting over.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like it's been separated for a while, your wife just finished it off!

So unless she uses the tractor frequently, you're laying the blame at the wrong place!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Zerk,grease nipple grease fitting. May have heard zerbert once before.

Used little kubota to start prepping for seasonal storage. Some of my stuff is getting banished from quonset.