backhoe bucket teeth

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Do any of you happen to know if the backhoe bucket teeth on a BX25D are made from cast steel or just hardend steel . I have a project in mind and trying to decide whether I can weld to them or not . Cast I can . Hardened I still can but will need to send out to heat treat .

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I'm curious about your project and how the teeth may be affected. Please take us along for the ride.
I will keep you all posted . If time permits I plan on doing my project next week . May do a couple versions to see what works better for me . Hopefully this project will help those of us with light machines .

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I finally got it back from heat treat . Just painted it tonight and ready to try it out tomorrow . Machined it in my spare time at work and then sent it out to heat treat and had it harden to 45rockwell . We'll see how it holds up . Hoping it will make digging stumps a little easier cutting the roots .

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Sorry about double pics . But changed out the middle tooth on the hoe . Seems to rip and peel pretty good . Didn't have a chance to give it a real work out yet as I spent most of the day getting ready for the first bon fire of the year tonight . Been a long winter . Time for a fire , good friends and beer .