Can you explain this fuel solenoid problem - L3400HST?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Sounds like a dirty switch somewhere that has temporarily cleaned up...

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
Thanks to Wolfman for the link. I saved $40 for the fuel shut off solenoid, which is a real Kubota part, made in Japan. It arrived within 5 days. I installed it on the tractor today. It made a solid loud click when key turned to ON - like a heavy weight punch vs the light weight punch of the old solenoid. It works so far and I will report back if there is problem. I cut off the rod of the old one just in case I need a manual start. Many thanks to the experience and knowledge of the people on this forum.

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
I just wanted to update the forum on my solenoid starting problem. Since the new fuel solenoid was put in, my L3400HST started every single time. Recently we had 2 snow storms about 8 inches each time with temperature in the teens and twenties, no problem. The tractor started on the first crank. I cleared my 400 ft drive way and my neighbor's like a pro. Many thanks for the help I've received from this forum.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Glad to hear it's all working great, I know I really rely on my tractor when the snow, or my case, mud flies! ;)

Buckcop

Oct 4, 2014
Greensburg, la
Had the same problem with my 7510. Sometimes it would start sometimes not. Took it to the dealer and they tried a new solenoid, didn't solve the problem. They then replaced the starting switch and relays, still no fix. I asked what was next and they said they didn't know but would keep looking. Four days later and still not fixed I took I to another kubota dealer. He replaced the solenoid and it would start sometimes. It would always start if the solenoid was off. He checked to see if it was retracting the rod fully which it was while off the tractor and grounded to the motor. Put it back on and it would not start. He replaced some safety switches but this didn't help either. He then told me the injector pump needed to be rebuilt. I asked them to cut the rod off the solenoid and put the solenoid back on. I tied a sting to the shut off lever and have been using it like this for the past 9 months. I have since read on this forum about the ground wire to the frame. I checked it and it had a lot of corrosion. Cleaned it good but don't want to spend $150 for a new solenoid and it not work. I spent over $445 dollars at both dealer and now use a 20 cent piece of string. I feel dealers don't know much about grounding problems but are good at replacing parts.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Great thread. I've got a shutoff problem on my L3010. Was working fine, then abruptly the key wouldn't shut the engine down. Luckily I can shut it off by the cutoff cable. Starts with no problem. Not a big thing for me, but will be selling it soon and want to make sure as much as possible is working.

Last edited: