Mixed feelings

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well after many years of hard work and play the for sale sign is up. In some ways we are hoping it sells and also hoping it won't. We've gotten so used to the quiet and peaceful life here it's gonna be hard to leave but it's hard to beat the clock, we think it may be time to move to a place with a little less work. If it doesn't sell for another 4 or 5 years I'd be fine with that but I'd rather leave on our terms than being forced because of health or old age. Here's a link showing what we'll be leaving but you'll have to log in to view. Wish us luck my friends.

https://www.viewpoint.ca/cutsheet/201914750/1

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My friend I understand how you feel, it would be very hard for me to leave someplace that has so much of my blood sweat and tears put into it. For my 2 cents I find it very hard to believe that you and your bride would be happy any place else, but thats just me. I truly wish you well in this decision I know it aint an easy one

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My friend I understand how you feel, it would be very hard for me to leave someplace that has so much of my blood sweat and tears put into it. For my 2 cents I find it very hard to believe that you and your bride would be happy any place else, but thats just me. I truly wish you well in this decision I know it aint an easy one
Thanks skeets, nope not an easy decision at all however with my health not being the best I want to make sure my wife is in a place she can manage, she could never stay here by herself.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I totally understand not wanting to leave such a beautiful place. If we were a little younger, I'd consider making a move north.:)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wow... That is going to be impossible to top. But, you know that.

It's best to get that last move in on your terms. My wife was so unhappy in our last place she put her foot down: If we were going to move we had better do it while we still could. I hated to leave a place I had built and fashioned for my retirement years but, she was right.

My guess is it won't be on the market long. Godspeed in your move and future location. Takin' your tractor?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thank you all for your kind comments. Not sure on the tractor yet Ray, we're definitely not moving right to the city and hopefully a place with a fare amount of land with it's share of deer near by and not too far away from striper fishing. I think it would kill me to let the tractor go but we will see, we're in a position right now where we don't have to make any quick decisions.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Mixed feelings..... I had mixed feelings when I quit my last job. Joy and happiness!

But I can see moving for a nice calm place to a place to make it easier to live would be different feelings. May to all turn out even better than you imagine!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Will never leave the farm. We even have our plots paid for at the local burial place.

I may sell off the land or rent it out but we aren't leaving here.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
It is a sad reality. :eek:
My wife and I talk about it all the time. We love our home, the location. But a time will come when it is too much to manage and we may not be in a position to appreciate it (ie, stuck inside and unable to 'go on walk-abouts'.) Stairs too, may be unmanageable. We also want to leave on our terms and not 'be removed'.
So I understand your pain. But if you do it right, you may find the future just as much fun as the past.:)

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Bearbait, like you, I have a nice private location and my wife and I talk about when the time comes that I can't take care of the place we'll have to find a well maintained stand alone condo so I will not have to plow snow (my worst enemy) or cut grass trim or cut trees and split firewood. Right now dealing with my shoulder surgery shows me how difficult it will be if I reach that point. I wish you luck my friend.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
A concept people don't consider when they're making a move is having a home in town with everything you need, and a separate property in a rural area nearby to putter around on. We have that and it's the best of both worlds for us.

Since we're in Southern Nevada we don't have to deal with snow, timber or mowing. That's why we have so many retirees and snowbirds from the north here. We've been in the desert for 5 years now and have grown to love mother nature in the desert.

I bought a tractor for the separate property. It's 10 acres and has a big garage, deep well, septic and a shanty with a working bathroom so we can spend all the time there that we want. It has an orchard and sprinkler system. 90% of it is all natural that requires nothing. I enjoy spending a few hours puttering around there every day and we are improving it, but if I don't spend time there the property is just fine without me.

We feel like it's our refreshing getaway! And it's only 15 minutes from our home.

When we're no longer interested or able to enjoy the separate property, we'll just sell it without disrupting our lives in our home in town.

Just throwing in the concept of a home, and separate property nearby.

Attachments

Last edited: