Coleman vs Messick's

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
After seeing some recommend Coleman on the forum thought I would give them a shot at 3 items I needed for the B7100 I am resurrecting. Bottom line... I ended up canceling the Coleman order and just now reordered from Messick's.

Placed the order on Monday the 17th, they charged my CC on the 18th with no shipping confirmation. Yesterday I tried to see if I could find a tracking number, all the web site said was "In process". When I placed the order the web site said all 3 items were in stock. Sent an email asking the status of the order and received what sure looks like a caned response.

I was checking into your order and found out that we had an inventory discrepancy on this item and had to get it from our local warehouse. I do apologize for the delay and you will still receive this item within the 5-7 business days as per the ground shipping you have requested. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time.
Which item, I ordered 3 parts? The up side is they do respond to emails fairly quick but I still did not know when my order might possibly ship. Couple more emails today and I decided to have them cancel the order and credit my CC.

Messick's has me spoiled, when the web site says it's in stock they ship the same day as the order and send an email with the tracking number. Ya maybe I'm a little impatient and jumped the gun but I'll not be ordering from Coleman again.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Don't have an opinion on what you did, but..
Thanks for posting your experience on how the two companies operate.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think they all have their fall down moments. :(

I order in all my parts for maintenance and repairs, and I've had the same things happen from every major seller at one point or another.

It's even more common when your dealing with odd / old parts orders.
One place sent me the wrong oil filter 3 times.
Another seller sent me someone else's order. :eek:

Coleman equipment and Messick's are the two top sellers in the US, there is bound to be issues when you sell as much as they do.
Both Coleman's and Messick's have both done an excellent job of taking care of me.

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
Sad that it happened on my first order from a new to me supplier, never had it happen before. One of the items was holding up my progress, the other two could have waited. Had they told me which item was on BO or shipped what they did have I would have stuck with them.

Messick's has already sent me the ship notice from my order placed a few hours ago.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sad that it happened on my first order from a new to me supplier, never had it happen before. One of the items was holding up my progress, the other two could have waited. Had they told me which item was on BO or shipped what they did have I would have stuck with them.

Messick's has already sent me the ship notice from my order placed a few hours ago.
I think your being a little quick to "Call them out on the mat" on this.
They told you you would still receive the parts within the same original shipping times so there really wasn't a problem, you just perceived it as such.

No seller is going to ship you "part of an order" unless you specifically request and pay for it that way, it just costs too much in shipping. :(

But this is why there are several sellers, some just don't please everyone, so another takes its place. ;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I think your being a little quick to "Call them out on the mat" on this.
They told you you would still receive the parts within the same original shipping times so there really wasn't a problem, you just perceived it as such.

No seller is going to ship you "part of an order" unless you specifically request and pay for it that way, it just costs too much in shipping. :(

But this is why there are several sellers, some just don't please everyone, so another takes its place. ;)
I am not sure he is. It’s not cool to process your credit card for items that you don’t have in stock to ship without informing the customer that is what you were doing.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I've used both and had good luck with both but I generally buy from Messick's because I can pickup my stuff they are only a few minutes from me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I just buy from my dealer. I ordered 2 tie rod ends and the steering ram boot and told Dennis to put it on their stock order, not special delivery. Ordered them last week, came in today. I almost fainted at the price of the tie rod ends, $175.15 each but in defense of that, they gave me an 18% discount plus it's an open account so they bill me monthly for parts and work and I get to pay in multiple payments with no interest charged.

That is much better than a credit card in my view.

I'm sure that my dealer is the exception and not the norm.

Think I mentioned in a previous post that the one time I ordered filters from Messicks, they sent me the wrong hydraulic filters even though I phone ordered and specifically told them an M9.

I've compared my dealer prices to Coleman and Messick's and my dealer charges are right in line with theirs and he's convenient for me.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When I see comments like this, "...but I'll not be ordering from Coleman again." makes me think of the guy who said, "My guess is you have no more than one kid. Tried it once. didn't like it."

But I understand one's frustration and anxiety when parts may not meet deadlines.

I order most parts I need from Colemans. One reason is because they have 203 acres in Edgerton, Ks where they have a parts distribution center. This is 28 miles from Colemans Bonner Springs store. Can't get much closer to the parts warehouse than that. They also have three stores in the greater Kansas City area and can move items from one location to the other within the day.

A point of interest. In addition to the logistics facilities, Kubota also announced an additional commitment to its Midwest dealers and customers by establishing a fifth operational division and sales office in Edgerton. The new Midwest Division office will reside within the same complex as the parts and whole-good operations and provide an essential sales presence for Kubota in the heartland of America.

The company will construct a pair of one million-sq.-ft., state-of-the-art logistics facilities for its new North American Distribution Center (NADC). Kubota plans to plant solid roots in Kansas to expand distribution capacity and streamline logistics processes for the timely delivery of Kubota-branded service parts and equipment to U.S. customers.

Give them a try again, you might get a pleasant surprise.

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
Ya, I was really looking forward to doing business with Coleman, being one state away I figured ground shipping wouldn't take more than a day or two and shipping would cost less than Messick's.

I was wrong on both counts. Don't remember the exact numbers but Coleman was 20 something and the same order from Messick's was 14 something. Of course I wasn't aware of the difference till I placed the Messick's order.

Main thing was two days without a word on an order that should have shipped the day I ordered plus the ambiguity of the response to my inquiry.

Lots of companies partial ship orders then absorb the shipping on the BO, especially if the web site shows it in stock. I purchased thousands of items for my electronics/computer business before I sold it and retired. Not a novice on dealing with on-line orders.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No we are exempt - My family has had an account with them when they were just a little co :)

Now all their accounts are through CNH
Good old CNH, my NH450 round baler is through CNH credit. My new rake will be through Kubota Credit at 0%.